[NL2-NL10] NL 4 TPTK on the river ( the optimism crusher )

• andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Anything wrong?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $5,07
      CO:
      $11,03
      Hero:
      $4,94

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , K:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,04, CO calls $0,04, Hero raises to $0,24, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,20, CO calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,78) 5:diamond: , 3:heart: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0,52, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,52.

Turn: ($1,82) 7:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1,82) A:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $1,00, Hero calls $1,00.

Final Pot: $3,82

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ah Kc)
      CO shows three of a kind, sixes (6c 6d)

CO wins with three of a kind, sixes (6c 6d)

Of course i lost a coinflip with QQ also on the way. And another time i had QQ it was overpair and i bet bet bet right into a straight. Remember all this hands are played in 20 minutes. Shoud i play limit holdem? ?(
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

C-betting that flop against an unknown is fine, but your bet size likely won't change his calling range, so i would just make it half pot to give myself better odds on what is essentially a bluff until you can confirm that he will call you with overcards too. I wouldn't mind just checking behind either.

As played even tho i don't see many worse hands suddenly waking up on the river unless he peel with A-high on the flop, so if it's a valuebet you're likely behind even with TPTK. I think you still need to call with those odds, he might just be randomly trying to represent the A or be betting something like 99 with no idea what he's doing.

Hope it helps.