[NL2-NL10] 2 pair vs possible straight.

• undercover82
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grab'em by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, BU calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.80) K:spade: , 3:diamond: , 6:club: (8 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.80) 5:heart: (8 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets $0.30, MP2 calls, Hero calls, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: ($2.00) 7:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $1, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: $5.00

is the call here justified given the good pot odds? 4 isnt the most probable card for them to hold because they were relatively tight
  • 1 reply
    • Sleyde
      well first of all you have to consider the pot odds. the pot odds are 0.3 to $1.4 ... so about 1 to 4.7. now you have to count the cards that could help you. first of all there are 3 remaining sixes 6s and three remaining 7s plus 4 remaining sevens. now you have to discount these outs cause sometimes you wont hold the best hand even if you hit your outs.

so i d say every 2.5 outs for the sixes because there could also be someone holding a better six or even, though unlikely, a set. you cant count the 7 as outs against 7 opponents. i give you about 0.5 outs for that. the 4 gives you the best hand relatively sure. only 78 would beat you. so i give you about 3.5 outs for the four for a total of 6.5 outs.

6.5 / 46, thats about 1 to 6.

most of the time you wont have many implied odds though maybe reverse implied odds. i think they are both equal.

thus, you have about 1 to 4.7 pot odds and 1 to 6 normal odds which makes it an easy fold.