[NL2-NL10] TPGK NL10 and folding.

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I've noticed I'm starting to fold these hands more often. Villian: 18/15/12

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ice_burned ($9.00)
      UTG+1 _Nice&Quiet_ ($21.85)
      MP1 RudiOl ($5.55)
      MP2 Zausel_Nr1 ($2.00)
      MP3 Hero ($10.25)
      CO eOne2110 ($1.85)
      BTN r0k079 ($10.75)
      SB peacedoball ($1.75)
      BB Dejection08 ($11.75)
      [Zausel_Nr1 posted $0.1]

Pre-flop: ($0.25, 9 players) Hero is MP3 Q:club: A:spade:
      3 folds, Zausel_Nr1 checks, Hero raises to $0.50, 3 folds, Dejection08 calls $0.40, Zausel_Nr1 folds

Flop: 3:heart: A:diamond: 9:spade: ($1.15, 2 players)
      Dejection08 checks, Hero bets $0.80, Dejection08 raises to $2.70, Hero calls $1.90

Turn: 6:spade: ($6.55, 2 players)
      Dejection08 bets $3.20, Hero folds

Final Pot: $6.55

Dejection08 wins $9.45 ( won +$3.05 )
      Zausel_Nr1 lost -$0.10
      Hero lost -$3.20
  • 6 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's fine unless you've caught him bluffing in that spot before at the table, a tag is never playing a worse made hand like that and there are no draws out there he can really have.

He doesn't need to bet more than 1/2 on the turn to set up a river shove whether he's bluffing or not, so folding is the default until you either see him showdown air with such a line or notice that his raising frequency is way higher than normal.

Hope it helps.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Well can't see with his stats bluffing me. IMO flopped 2 pair or 33/99?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

He shouldn't call preflop with hands capable of making 2 pairs on A93, i think he often called preflop out of position with 33 or 99, thinking the fish would overcall and he'd have implied odds.

Flopping a set isn't that common, but neither are tags check/raise bluffing A-high boards over the pfa's c-bet at these stakes. Just make a mental note about the play and start getting suspicious if you see him "flopping sets" frequently on similar textures. That would mean he's one of the rare tags trying to exploit your frequent c-betting on these boards at these stakes.

Hope it helps.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Sorry I should of stated A9 for two pair, obvs not 93.
      Thanks. and he is now noted ;)
    • ciasteczkoM
      ciasteczkoM
      Bronze
      Hello.

I am new here and i would like to ask one question.

Wy we call flop after villain raise if we are folding to his half pot bet on turn?

What we want to do on turn? check behind if our opponent check? call a smaller bet?
      If not why we call flop ?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Mostly one word : doubt. AQ is just too strong to fold every single time in that spot, even tho it's a bluff catcher. When our opponent is representing such a small range of hands, there's always a small chance he's bluffing and we're making a big mistake by folding in that case.

Some tags will try and bluff once in a while, but mostly they take one shot and shutdown when they get called, figuring we're interested and we're not folding .Since we are in position, we can peel the flop raise and see if he does indeed follow up on the turn. If anything, we now know that it's either less likely he was bluffing, or that when he bluff he's ready to fire at least two streets, which makes it easier for us to just fold the flop next time we get into that situation. Provided of course he doesn't do that too often, nobody flops sets all the time.

Hope it helps.