[NL2-NL10] QTo NL10 FR.

• justkyle88
      PKSquirrel: 64/16/1.2 Dunno if this needs to be evaluated. Justa re-assurance that I played it correctly I think cause I think its correct. I talked to some people and they thought raise on the flop but I don't think I should on such a draw heavy board. I don't want to build the pot just yet.

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

UTG whassumattuh ($13.15)
      UTG+1 Wolmer25 ($10.00)
      MP1 Tim_Noname ($10.00)
      MP2 dgfantini ($15.80)
      MP3 rufo1956 ($11.85)
      CO fiveaces26 ($10.65)
      BTN Hero ($10.00)
      SB himuravidal ($18.80)
      BB PKSquirrel ($7.75)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is BTN T:club: Q:spade:
      6 folds, Hero calls $0.10, 1 fold, PKSquirrel checks

Flop: J:heart: Q:heart: T:heart: ($0.25, 2 players)
      PKSquirrel bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: T:spade: ($0.65, 2 players)
      PKSquirrel bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, PKSquirrel calls $0.40

River: 8:heart: ($1.85, 2 players)
      PKSquirrel bets $2.80, Hero says "wow, i dont know wether to raise or call", Hero goes all-in $9.10, PKSquirrel says "you got ace king of hearts", PKSquirrel goes all-in $4.05

[Results Hidden]
  • 4 replies
    • Mstlc
      I'm not a fan of your pre-flop play but the post flop part is ok imo. I wouldn't wanna blow up the pot on the flop. With a flopped set I'd raise the flop cause even if he actually flopped the flush I'd have 10 outs still. But with 2 pair you're stuck with just 4 outs...
    • justkyle88
      Originally posted by Mstlc
      I'm not a fan of your pre-flop play
      Reasons for my PF play is if I can see a cheap flop, great.
      I don't want to steal because of villians stats.
    • MaestroOfZerg

!!! Don't open limp the BU. QTo is way ahead of a 64/16's range for flatting you from the blinds, you can make top pair and valuebet him into oblivion, raise it up.

I usually like to raise the flop for value in that situation. A flopped flush is about 5 times less likely than a flushdraw, and he won't have a made straight that often either. Since 4th heart would kill my hand and my opponent will call the raise with a 1 card flush draw, worse two pairs and possibly even a lone top pair or some straight draws given how bad he seems to be, there is a lot of value in raising imo. If he 3bets you you can go away, as that usually means a made flush or some kind of combo draw that has likely 13 outs against you, from that guy probably an already made flush or straight as i don't really expect him to play a draw aggressively against a raise.

As played you boat up on the turn which is cool, raising is the way to go, you can probably make it even bigger against him. When he donks overbet the river i'd be somewhat worried with 4 cards to a straight flush on board, he can't have AhKh but i think it's possible for him to have the 9h. He can also have the lone Ah which we're ahead of and probably can't fold that. I don't think he has another full house either, he would have reraised the turn.

With one hand we beat and one hand we lose to, it's a tie for me. Since i'm looking for +EV situations and not neutral EV situations, i'm just calling to cut down the variance on that spot that won't ever happen again. I won't quarrel with anyone arguing that we can't totally discount worse boats, if you think he would suddenly overbet the river with something he already had on the turn, go ahead and shove it in for value.

Hope it helps.
    • justkyle88
      wow, that is some explanation, props to you sir.