[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR Blind fight.

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      STRN: 11/7/2.1 Attempt to steal: 24 Fold BB to steal: 93 Ok there is going to be alot of critisism about my play PF but I have reason for it. It's a blind fight, he could be stealing. Flop is standard imo. I want to still play like I have an A. Turn: well I just gain myself 9 outs+ maybe 3 more for a K and who knows maybe we might get to the river and check and the board pairs and my K kicks. River: I miss completly but he checks to me. The turn looks a bluff or a value bet for his A but why would he check the river if he has an A. He would value bet again, so I bet like a value bet?

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG hb2c ($5.45)
      UTG+1 TimmyReichel ($10.15)
      MP1 Ioana230000 ($5.80)
      MP2 arnouille ($7.50)
      MP3 SCovermind ($20.80)
      CO universer23 ($11.25)
      BTN tensippo ($2.15)
      SB STRN ($10.20)
      BB Hero ($10.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is BB K:club: 7:club:
      7 folds, STRN raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, STRN calls $0.80

Flop: A:club: 4:spade: A:diamond: ($2.40, 2 players)
      STRN checks, Hero checks

Turn: 6:club: ($2.40, 2 players)
      STRN bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: Q:diamond: ($4.40, 2 players)
      STRN checks, Hero ($7.80)?
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      I think your pre-flop play is ok if you know his steal range is too wide on the SB. I'd prefer just calling in position and watch what the flop brings. But your 3-bet is ok since it creates fold equity and you have position.

As played I think you should just make a standard c-bet. It's so easy for villain to put you on a high pair or AK/AQ kinda hands. Even if he does not believe you have an Ace it's still gonna be very hard for him to call if he isn't playing an underpair.

As played on the river I'd often just check if my king high is good. If I'm villain here, I'm definitely not folding a good PP if you bet the river unless you make a huge overbet, which is still too much of a risk considering he might be trapping you.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is fine as long as you know why you're doing it. Postflop depending on how your opponent perceives you, c-betting the flop or hollywooding a bit before checking back are both fine lines to represent an A that you're aren't folding ever in a blind battle.

As played when he donks weak on the turn, you would likely put money in the pot with trips A at this point so if you're trying to rep trips that's the way to do it. With my newly found nut flush redraw i would raise it up to $3.5, this looks almost committing to him but it isn't really, because if he continues he likely has Ax himself, which crushes even your redraw equity-wise. I think you have tremendous fold equity against his donking range with this line at this point, as he has to assume that if he calls the turn raise he will face a river shove afterward.

As played on the river you lost leverage by not betting the turn, if you take a stab now and he doesn't believe you he knows that he only has to call one bet to find out if you're bluffing. I'd likely give it up at this point, you'll be good sometimes at showdown with K-high and you can use the fact that you showed him K7s to mess with him next time you have a strong hand in that situation.

Hope it helps.