$13.05
      BU:
      $5.14
      SB:
      $1.19
      BB(Hero):
      $11.57

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q.
      MP2 raises to $0.40, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.65) J, 3, T (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $1.45, BU folds, Hero ??

MP2: 60/16 86h
      CO: 17/15/2.7/4 3bet 165h
      BU: 36/15/4 47h
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think CO is decently strong to bet nearly pot on that flop into 4 players, he probably has either a set, JT+, or a decent draw. Which means either we're already ahead or we don't have much fold equity against him, which makes raising here somewhat strange imo. Even if he has QJ+ and calls the raise, it's doubtful that we will stack him on a scary turn.

With 2 fishes still in the pot, one of them with a full stack, i'm not sure i wanna blow them out just yet, if they overcall with trash and everybody hits we might make a lot of money, not to mention CO himself might have a worse flushdraw.

I think it's one of those situations where i'd play this draw passively and hope to see a good turn with many players in the pot. Not that raising isn't good, we can never be in a bad shape against anyone, but i'd rather keep the fishes in the pot than isolate myself in a coinflip-like situation against CO's range of made hands. One thing's for sure tho, folding the nut gutshot straight flush draw is not an option.

Hope it helps.