This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 SH AQs #2

• Dante04
      Dante04
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Graj rękę

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $21.66
      MP3:
      $13.75
      CO:
      $13.05
      BU:
      $5.14
      SB:
      $1.19
      BB(Hero):
      $11.57

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q.
      MP2 raises to $0.40, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.65) J, 3, T (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO bets $1.45, BU folds, Hero ??

MP2: 60/16 86h
      CO: 17/15/2.7/4 3bet 165h
      BU: 36/15/4 47h
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think CO is decently strong to bet nearly pot on that flop into 4 players, he probably has either a set, JT+, or a decent draw. Which means either we're already ahead or we don't have much fold equity against him, which makes raising here somewhat strange imo. Even if he has QJ+ and calls the raise, it's doubtful that we will stack him on a scary turn.

With 2 fishes still in the pot, one of them with a full stack, i'm not sure i wanna blow them out just yet, if they overcall with trash and everybody hits we might make a lot of money, not to mention CO himself might have a worse flushdraw.

I think it's one of those situations where i'd play this draw passively and hope to see a good turn with many players in the pot. Not that raising isn't good, we can never be in a bad shape against anyone, but i'd rather keep the fishes in the pot than isolate myself in a coinflip-like situation against CO's range of made hands. One thing's for sure tho, folding the nut gutshot straight flush draw is not an option.

Hope it helps.