[NL2-NL10] should have won his whole stack

• ruskiyguy
      Hi, I feel like i should have taken the guys stack on this hand, thoughts on how i could have gotten all his chips in the pot?

my player : born2bakilla

***** Hand History for Game 237538779 ***** (Pacific)
      $10.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Saturday, July 25, 01:42:39 ET 2009
      Table Swansea (Real Money)
      Seat 8 is the button
      Seat 1: queper ( $7.81 USD )
      Seat 2: Tyrnyffel ( $9.90 USD )
      Seat 3: jasser14 ( $7.69 USD )
      Seat 4: disantan ( $1.90 USD )
      Seat 6: miskuzi ( $4.42 USD )
      Seat 7: born2bakilla ( $9.84 USD )
      Seat 8: melti66 ( $13.31 USD )
      Seat 9: Jorawar ( $12.45 USD )
      Seat 10: Khvalev ( $4.74 USD )
      Jorawar posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
      Khvalev folds
      queper posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to born2bakilla [ Ks Kd ]
      Tyrnyffel raises [$0.40 USD]
      jasser14 folds
      disantan folds
      miskuzi folds
      born2bakilla raises [$1.10 USD]
      melti66 folds
      Jorawar folds
      queper folds
      Tyrnyffel calls [$0.70 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ Jc, Kc, 7s ]
      Tyrnyffel checks
      born2bakilla bets [$0.60 USD]
      Tyrnyffel raises [$1.80 USD]
      born2bakilla raises [$3.60 USD]
      Tyrnyffel folds
      born2bakilla wins $5.66 USD from main pot
      born2bakilla wins $2.40 USD

Tyrnyffel just joined the table so I couldnt get a perfect read on him (i put him on either AK, KQ, AJ or possibly underpair like 10's or queens) Anyway once I hit my set of kings I didn't want to play the typical check raise which is obvious to good players who would easily fold their tp tk. I made it look like I have top or middle pair by throwing out a small information bet and he reraised me 3x initial bet. Ok I am thinking he has AK or KQ and is one of those fish that would go all in with such a hand so I made the mistake of reraising his raise and he folds. So he either got a good read on me or was bluffing with a small/medium pocket pair. I almost always take the opponents full stack when I hit a set especially if I play some hands with them i could figure out how to extract chips from them , do you think in this case if I just called his reraise that he would continue to put chips in?

I think he would have, but I was also worried with the 2 clubs and straight draw on the board, but still I should have called i think.

• 7 replies
    • ruskiyguy
      Am I in the right thread or should I have posted this in hand evaluation, oh well, admins feel free to move this.

• revlis
      Think it as you were the opponent. You bet prf and somebody re-raises, which indicates a hand like AK or JJ+. Then on the flop , in case you didnt hit anything and have a medium pair or hit your TPTK and want to induce a bet from hands like JJ and QQ you check and a small c-bet follows. Since the better re-raised me prf , that either means he has a better hand and slowplays or didnt hit the flop and wants to push me out of the hand (for example has QQ), so I re-raise to see where I am actually at.. if he calls or raises then I usually am behind and can give up the hand , if he folds then i make value.
      Atleast imo..
    • revlis
      You cant always win the whole stack with nuts, sometimes it just isnt possible :(
    • kosmonaut111
      First use pokerstrategy handconventer.

Preflop was ok. 1.2 would be the right amount but 1.1 is ok.

Flop: make normal cbet, about 1/2 - 2/3 here in 3bet pot. Then, if he raises, he is quite committed. Slowplay here doesnt make sense.

As played: I dont see any way to extract more money from him. Most times you cannot take whole stack from your opponent, so this outcome is good enough imo.
    • ruskiyguy
      well i guess so but maybe a call would force him to take another stab at stealing the pot however he knew i called which showed strength so it is unlikely i get more chips from him unless he improves his hand on turn which is also unlikely.
    • maya1984

Please use PS's Converter.

PokerHand Converter Guide
    • Kaitz20
      betting small on the flop is interesting line and you might get often raised by a wide range of hands, but since board is too drawy to b/c, c/rai on the turn I´d prefer 3-bet on the flop to get all the money all-in.
      If he has there some kind of draw and folds, then I´m happy also with that result, since he likely has there against your hand 25-30% equity