This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] should have won his whole stack

• ruskiyguy
      ruskiyguy
      Bronze
      Hi, I feel like i should have taken the guys stack on this hand, thoughts on how i could have gotten all his chips in the pot?

my player : born2bakilla

***** Hand History for Game 237538779 ***** (Pacific)
      $10.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Saturday, July 25, 01:42:39 ET 2009
      Table Swansea (Real Money)
      Seat 8 is the button
      Seat 1: queper ( $7.81 USD )
      Seat 2: Tyrnyffel ( $9.90 USD )
      Seat 3: jasser14 ( $7.69 USD )
      Seat 4: disantan ( $1.90 USD )
      Seat 6: miskuzi ( $4.42 USD )
      Seat 7: born2bakilla ( $9.84 USD )
      Seat 8: melti66 ( $13.31 USD )
      Seat 9: Jorawar ( $12.45 USD )
      Seat 10: Khvalev ( $4.74 USD )
      Jorawar posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
      Khvalev folds
      queper posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to born2bakilla [ Ks Kd ]
      Tyrnyffel raises [$0.40 USD]
      jasser14 folds
      disantan folds
      miskuzi folds
      born2bakilla raises [$1.10 USD]
      melti66 folds
      Jorawar folds
      queper folds
      Tyrnyffel calls [$0.70 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ Jc, Kc, 7s ]
      Tyrnyffel checks
      born2bakilla bets [$0.60 USD]
      Tyrnyffel raises [$1.80 USD]
      born2bakilla raises [$3.60 USD]
      Tyrnyffel folds
      born2bakilla wins $5.66 USD from main pot
      born2bakilla wins $2.40 USD

Tyrnyffel just joined the table so I couldnt get a perfect read on him (i put him on either AK, KQ, AJ or possibly underpair like 10's or queens) Anyway once I hit my set of kings I didn't want to play the typical check raise which is obvious to good players who would easily fold their tp tk. I made it look like I have top or middle pair by throwing out a small information bet and he reraised me 3x initial bet. Ok I am thinking he has AK or KQ and is one of those fish that would go all in with such a hand so I made the mistake of reraising his raise and he folds. So he either got a good read on me or was bluffing with a small/medium pocket pair. I almost always take the opponents full stack when I hit a set especially if I play some hands with them i could figure out how to extract chips from them , do you think in this case if I just called his reraise that he would continue to put chips in?

I think he would have, but I was also worried with the 2 clubs and straight draw on the board, but still I should have called i think.

Thoughts?
  • 7 replies
    • ruskiyguy
      ruskiyguy
      Bronze
      Am I in the right thread or should I have posted this in hand evaluation, oh well, admins feel free to move this.

Vlad
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      Think it as you were the opponent. You bet prf and somebody re-raises, which indicates a hand like AK or JJ+. Then on the flop , in case you didnt hit anything and have a medium pair or hit your TPTK and want to induce a bet from hands like JJ and QQ you check and a small c-bet follows. Since the better re-raised me prf , that either means he has a better hand and slowplays or didnt hit the flop and wants to push me out of the hand (for example has QQ), so I re-raise to see where I am actually at.. if he calls or raises then I usually am behind and can give up the hand , if he folds then i make value.
      Atleast imo..
    • revlis
      revlis
      Bronze
      You cant always win the whole stack with nuts, sometimes it just isnt possible :(
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      First use pokerstrategy handconventer.

Preflop was ok. 1.2 would be the right amount but 1.1 is ok.

Flop: make normal cbet, about 1/2 - 2/3 here in 3bet pot. Then, if he raises, he is quite committed. Slowplay here doesnt make sense.

As played: I dont see any way to extract more money from him. Most times you cannot take whole stack from your opponent, so this outcome is good enough imo.
    • ruskiyguy
      ruskiyguy
      Bronze
      well i guess so but maybe a call would force him to take another stab at stealing the pot however he knew i called which showed strength so it is unlikely i get more chips from him unless he improves his hand on turn which is also unlikely.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hi,

Please use PS's Converter.

PokerHand Converter Guide
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      betting small on the flop is interesting line and you might get often raised by a wide range of hands, but since board is too drawy to b/c, c/rai on the turn I´d prefer 3-bet on the flop to get all the money all-in.
      If he has there some kind of draw and folds, then I´m happy also with that result, since he likely has there against your hand 25-30% equity