fold to check raise?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($154)
      BB ($152)
      Hero ($153)
      BTN ($166)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:spade:

Hero raises to $1.75, fold, fold, BB raises to $5.50, Hero raises to $16, BB calls $10.50,

FLOP ($32.25) 7:spade: 4:heart: J:heart:

check, Hero bets $22, BB raises to $72.25, Hero raises to $137 (AI), BB calls $64.63 (AI),
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Preflop I think raise size is ok.

Postflop I don`t think he will risk 250BB there with anything less than JJ+ AhKh , because once he c/r you there form ~150BB you can be pretty sure you have less to zero FE for the remaining 120BB he has. I would just let it go.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Your preflop 4bet size is fine in position given how deep you are. Be aware that with these stacks sizes he can still peel it with any pocket pair and probably even some big suited connectors, and that he likely won't 5bet AQ+/QQ+ either.

On the flop you can probably get away with betting a bit less if you don't want to go broke, every time you put a lot of money in the pot you dampen your positional advantage by reducing the number of possible bets until the all-in.

When he raises i think his range is most likely a set, JJ+ or some big AhKh type of hand. If he is good he knows how much pressure that check/raise puts on you and might be bluffing in that spot, but i think your range is pretty clearly defined as a big overpair and that most people at these stakes won't expect you to ever fold it. Hence i would.

Hope it helps.