[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH A5o Freeplay tptk

• GandalfPK
      here i have top pair on the flop, i overbet cause the board is so connected and with fd and im on a multiway pot, on the turn i keep betting cause i have FE if he is chasing some draw and on the river the runner runner completes but i have my straight, well played?

Known players:  

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:club: , A:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,05, CO calls $0,05, BU calls $0,05, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,22) 5:heart: , 3:spade: , 2:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU folds.

Turn: ($0,72) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,50, CO calls $0,50.

River: ($1,72) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,20, CO calls $1,20.

Final Pot: $4,12
  • 3 replies
    • edi9999
      bet on flop is ok,but on turn, you shouldn't bet again cause all better hands will call, and all others will fold. If he bets on turn, you can fold cause he's likely ahead.
    • Mstlc
      Don't overbet the pot... it's so useless. I'd play this slightly more passive and even if you want to bet on the flop, make it a normal bet or at least MAX pot. Don't overbet. Also... top pair on an 5 high flop isn't absolutly brilliant. Every single pocket pair has you beat on the flop.

There's a saying: "Don't go broke in a limped pot". Playing limped pots like this sure as hell isn't a good way to achieve that.
    • MaestroOfZerg

That doesn't count as overbetting in my book, it's just a potsized bet on most poker sites.

Your line is fine, your made hand + weak draw is strong enough to warrant a check/call in that spot too, so betting yourself to keep the initiative is also good.

On the river you can't be too concerned about the backdoor flush but he might have a 6, if you get raised you would be calling at best for a split, so you should fold.

Hope it helps.