looking to make first deposit

• ruskiyguy
      ruskiyguy
      Bronze
      Hi, I am thinking of making my first ever deposit to a poker website, I have been playing for 3-4 months almost daily and have a good game IMO, I play at pacific888 and VC. I turned my 50 starting capital to $240 in about a week and a half work I played mostly SSS but BSS lately, also often I play hybrid (start with minnimum buy in play sss double it then start to slowly convert to BSS when increasing stack). Anyways as I said I am looking to make a deposit to a website which would provide some possibly permanent income. I would prefer a website with a high rakeback offer and also if it uses euros it would be awesome because of the currency exchange to Canadian dollar.

Any advice/suggestions would be very very appreciated

Thank you,

Vlad
  • 11 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      What limit did you play on? Make sure you follow BRM.

According to BRM you should be playing on NL2 with $50. It's hard to make that much in a week on NL2, unless you play many tables at once and many hours a day.
    • ruskiyguy
      ruskiyguy
      Bronze
      Yea i followed BRM, I played maybe 11-12k hands or so, I multi table anywhere from 4-9 tables. Here is a graph of my hands that got saved in my history (about 7.5k), my first 4-5k hand histories were not saved as auto save to file was off X(

Anyways back to my question do you know any poker sites that play in euros and also have a good rakeback offer. As i said I am looking to make my first deposit to a site where I could get permanent income.

Thank you in advance,

Vlad
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Good job.

I think most poker sites uses US dollars though. Not sure of any working in Euros.
    • ruskiyguy
      ruskiyguy
      Bronze
      any idea of what bwin poker uses? It may be in euros but I am not sure any idea?
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Not sure sorry. I play on FT.

Personally I would go for PS or FT, don't trust some of the smaller sites, but that's just my personal preference.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would advise against a deposit. Low limits are not like higher limits. Just continue to build your BR up from what you have. Your sample size is to small to conclude anything.
    • ruskiyguy
      ruskiyguy
      Bronze
      why not?

If I deposit, then I could clear a bonus while grinding at smaller limits and also recieving rakeback as I multi table and earn lots of fpp. How much of a sample is a legit measure of ones game ?

ATM my BR is $260 about 13k hands now
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      100k+ hands....

K the thing is if you deposit and play the same limit its alright.
      Depositing bigger sums of money can make you skip limits... at the beginning learning > money. If you deposit to clear bonuses etc. at higher limits you might lose more then you make.
      Besides you can always clear bonuses etc. so why rush it?
    • ruskiyguy
      ruskiyguy
      Bronze
      Well if I deposit im not planning on moving up in limits, The rush is I guess because I can play all of August but then university and work starting in september will have barely any time for poker..
    • chillfootage
      chillfootage
      Bronze
      Maybe some poker room at microgaming like Triobet, Nordicbet or Unibet, there are nice rakeback deals and easy to beat tournaments and good good promotions like 200 euro bonus when you collect 2500 raked hands
    • ruskiyguy
      ruskiyguy
      Bronze
      Hey Chill, of those 3 which one would you recommend?? how is the traffic on those sites and any additional info on those sites would be helpful. Also do you know is Bwin poker is run in euros?

thanks so much

Vlad