[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH 89s monster draw

• GandalfPK
      GandalfPK
      Bronze
      here with a monster draw i had to shove in that flop right? one card is paired but i think i had enough outs to go allin and it was some dead money in the pot

Known players: 
      Hero:
      $5,00
      BB:
      $8,51
      MP2:
      $8,27
      MP3:
      $8,19
      BU:
      $5,00

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,04, MP3 calls $0,04, CO folds, BU calls $0,04, Hero calls $0,02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,20) 7:diamond: , T:diamond: , T:spade: (5 players)
      Hero bets $0,14, BB raises to $0,42, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2,00, BB raises to $8,47 (All-In), Hero calls $2,96 (All-In).

Turn: ($13,63) 4:club:
      River: ($13,63) 9:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $13,63
  • 6 replies
    • edi9999
      edi9999
      Bronze
      on paired board you shouldn't go broke with monster draw.
      Actually it isn't a big monster draw(just a small one) cause you have flushdraw and gutshot without overcards and it isn't an OESD.

If we put SB on this range: TT, 77, ATs, KTs, QTs, JTs, T7s+, ATo, KTo, QTo, JTo, T7o+

than you just have 36% equity.

Here you should call the 0.42$ raise, and just see if you hit turn, than call again, and check fold if you don't hit river again.
    • GandalfPK
      GandalfPK
      Bronze
      its an oesd, sixes and jacks give me the straight
    • edi9999
      edi9999
      Bronze
      yes sorry :rolleyes:

But equilator shows that even if it is, you shouldn't shove here.
    • GandalfPK
      GandalfPK
      Bronze
      ok, but i think that playing in this level that everybody calls you with nothing or with a pair its worth to shove here, high variance game but its what i think
    • edi9999
      edi9999
      Bronze
      On flop after his shove it's pretty sure that he has a T, so please don't tell me that you're ahead.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's a freeplay for the BB so he could have anything, especially any Tx hand. He might also have any diamond draw so it's less likely, and if he does, most people wouldn't play a baby flush draw on a paired board this strong, so it has to have high cards in it.

Whatever he's raising tho, the key point is that he won't fold to a 3bet, ever. He raised big into 4 players 3 of them were still left to act in an unraised pot were anybody could have anything, i think he has at worst a strong Tx or a better flushdraw.

Against that range you have positively zero fold equity, which means there is no upside to you playing it aggressively by 3betting. I like calling and trying to hit on the turn, the ideal cards being J's and 6's. Other diamond cards could make him a better flush and will slowdown the action against Tx hands.

If you hit your straight flush you know what to do. If you hit a diamond that doesn't make you a straight flush, donk into him and fold to a shove. If you hit your straight, check/shove the turn. If you don't hit anything, only call again if he gives you decent odds, should he pot it just muck your hand even tho it hurts.

Hope it helps.