Multitabling without HUD?

• Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Hey all.

What would your thoughts be on multitabling, say 12-15 tables of SSS without using a HUD. Which would mean playing just by the basics? Would that be profitable on eg NL25? Or would I need at least a little info on my opponents from stats, when I don't have time to pick up reads in other ways?

Cheers,
      Kimber88
  • 1 reply
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      My observations:

1) At NL10 the basic SSS is strong enough to generate a decent profit without any reads on any players at all. I played quite happily at ~5BB/100 for a decent sample without any stats just following the rules.

2) At NL25 it becomes a bit more tricky because the villains don't stack off as lightly. I find that with steals you can turn a small profit here without any stats but to really progress I would suggest playing less tables and using stats.

I think that it is possible to play a profitable strategy at NL25 without stats but why throw away one of the greatest advantages you can get?

It also depends on the site. The lesser known sites are generally fishier and will probably be easier to beat. I'm not really an expert in site-choice though.