$1.23
      CO:
      $1.36
      BU:
      $0.95
      SB(Hero):
      $0.38

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.11, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.38) 6, 8, K (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.38) J (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Hero raises to $0.26(All-In), MP3 calls $0.01, CO calls $0.01.

River: ($1.16) J (4 players)
      MP3 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $1.16.

Is it correct to assume I have best hand?
  • 4 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Flintrino,

Good check against 2 oopnents on the flop. And on the turn, it's still a check/fold because you do not have top pair on this board, so your hand =trash hand in this case.
    • Flintrino
      Flintrino
      Bronze
      I assume I do have top pair though since nobody bet the flop, hence nobody has a king.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      It's very dangerous to make such assumptions, especially in multi-way pots. You need very good reads on opponents and/or very accurate stats, and still you can never be sure, so you must often count with outs to outdraw top pairs if you want to make such moves.

The standard is to play top pairs+ only (that is, top pairs on the given board).
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Flintrino
      I assume I do have top pair though since nobody bet the flop, hence nobody has a king.
      Hey Flintrino,

Even though you are SB, people on Nano-stakes can still check behind a weak king because they are afraid they are beat with their hand and they don't want to increase the pot. Therefore they are more inclined to check/call rather than bet

So on the Turn, you can choose to shove but I do not recommend this since this is a High variance spot since you have to guess whether players has TopPair or QQ+

I just c/f the Turn. If you are finding your Jack good, then Shove directly!

- Gerv