[NL2-NL10] NL2 bb, flopped nuts.

• Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4 :club: , 3 :club: (Comment)
      5 folds, CO calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,05) A :club: , 2 :club: , 5 :club: (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero...

How would you play it? This is NL2 and totally unknown opponent. I didn't use HUD, so I think at this limits we can put the villain on a very, very wide handrange. I post the rest of the hand in the near future, after some discussion. I already know that I played this hand wrong.
  • 5 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      In this limit I think you can try to bet all the way. Opponents tend to be very loose/passive, so it's more +EV than trying to make fancy plays.
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      Any other opinions?
      This hand was dealt in Full Tilt and it's said that there are more good players, even in the micro limits. All though he open limped from the late position.
      SSS strategy says to play aggressive in this situation, but how about slowplaying?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Theman365

SSS strategy says to play aggressive in this situation, but how about slowplaying?
      Your main objective in this hand is: to get all the money in as soon as possible.

You can check/call the Flop here and fastplay the Turn & River but by maintaining aggression against Ax and/or people holding K or A, you get the best value out of your hand!

Just Bet Potsized Flop & Turn. If you are getting reraised -> Shove!

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      You can check/call the Flop here and fastplay the Turn & River but by maintaining aggression against Ax and/or people holding K :club: or A :club: , you get the best value out of your hand

I find it unlikely anyone's holding A :club:

Unless Full Tilt really is rigged, that is :D

As for the hand, I would check the flop and bet Turn and River. If someone's going to bet they probably will do so on the flop and if they don't, you have to put the money in yourself after that. No one's going to give you credit for the sf, so you may still get calls from players with flush draws.

And for the record, I seriously doubt the average ability of micro limit players on FT differs greatly from any other site. Not enough to affect our playing strategy, at any rate.
    • Theman365
      Theman365
      Bronze
      The rest of the hand:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:club: , 3:club:
      5 folds, CO calls $0,02, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,05) A:club: , 2:club: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0,05) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,04, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight flush, fives high (4c:club: 3c:club:)

Hero wins with a straight flush, fives high (4c:club: 3c:club:)

As I see, I didn't played that had so bad after all.
      He instantly fold. I think giving him a free card in this situation might have paid off, but probably only a few more cents. However it wouldn't pay off in a long run.