SSS or BSS ?

• Laverdz
      Laverdz
      Bronze
      I don't know the strategy that would suit me best. I like to multitable, I am not a grinder... I multitable 6 at once and I do it for about 1 years so I think I '' mastered '' the how to play 6 table at once.

My question is : I really dislike playing lower than 3 table... it is really too slow, so is it possible to be profitable playing BSS whit somewhat 4-6 table at once or should I open up 12-16 table ( I got a big monitor so I can ''tile'' table and see 12 table ) and play SSS.
  • 11 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      I recommend SSS 100%, at least at first. It's a very profitable strategy on its own, and is very easy to learn, so all you need really is discipline to start winning. More importantly though, it's a solid basis for big stack strategy -- you'll already have the discipline required, and you'll know what to expect from your opponents. (as well as all the basic stuff like bet sizing etc etc)

I for one "started" (well, when I seriously started, cause I had been donking around for several months before then) with BSS, and I'd estimate it took something like 3+ months for me to become somewhat profitable.. definitely not a good route ;)
    • Laverdz
      Laverdz
      Bronze
      Hehe, I use to donk for years... I take poker more seriously now, for the last couple of month I am in green playing SSS on 6 table on 5/10c stake. I use to do alot of SNG 2, so.. final answer? Should I try BSS ?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      oh, in that case.. enjoy BSS ;)
      btw, it takes quite a bit of theory in the beginning (preferably, more studying than playing) for faster progress -- check out Hasenbraten's videos and coachings, he's pretty much the best microstakes coach around
    • drewmule
      drewmule
      Bronze
      sss's suck learn to play poker please
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drewmule
      sss's suck learn to play poker please
      i agree real poker is BSS
    • Laverdz
      Laverdz
      Bronze
      Yeah but I see poker studies as a investement anyways, I'm in college so I don't care to do it. I just HATE the fact that I have to play to get all the article... I had to change account and stuff :(
    • alejogambler
      alejogambler
      Bronze
      with sss you learn how to play like a bot, if u wanna play real poker, learn BSS
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejogambler
      with sss you learn how to play like a bot
      Just so you know, this is not true. Every Scenario still requires analysis and thought. At least at a more advanced level.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I agree with DaPhunk completely.

If any of you had actually played real SSS, advanced I mean (not just following basic articles), you wouldn't say that. There is a lot more to it than the ABC we learn in the very beginning. If we only judge by SHC, then BSS is just as simple.
      Besides SSS can provide a very strong knowledge basis regarding the mathematics of poker whenever you want to move to BSS or whatnot.
    • drewmule
      drewmule
      Bronze
      of course there will be advanced ss strategy according to how other players are playing but it still doesnt change the fact that there is no post flop game which to me = not poker.
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drewmule
      of course there will be advanced ss strategy according to how other players are playing but it still doesnt change the fact that there is no post flop game which to me = not poker.
      lol :baby: