This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50sh AK oop

• armo
      armo
      Bronze
      villain likes to bluff, I think it was some high stakes player having fun at NL50

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $80,05
      BU:
      $53,50

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , K:club:
      2 folds, BU raises to $1,50, Hero raises to $5,50, BB folds, BU calls $4,00.

Flop: ($11,50) 5:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $8,00, Hero calls $8,00.

Turn: ($27,50) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

was planing check/shove here if villain takes another stab at the pot

River: ($27,50) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $20,00, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $27,50

Hows my line here? If river missed I am still check/calling reasonable bet because I've seen villain take stabs at pot with A-high or K-high hands on river
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      wow, very interesting line on the turn
      Some players would c/rai on the flop, Pot is then 19,5 and he has to call 40. So you have enough fold equity and it is unlikely that he´d call there too often with pair of 6s or worse handsI think c/rai uis not the best idea, since if he bets 20$, then he get good odds to call with any pair, so I think c/f seems better idea.
      Betting river is ok, but I think I´d bet 10$, since it is unlikely that he holds there too strong hand so I want to give impression that I´m weaker. That ofcourse means I have to call shove :)
      But in general I like betting flop 7, 15 on the turn and shove river at some times to make him fold one pair hands