[NL2-NL10] NL2 AA laydown

• DTCC1
      DTCC1
      Bronze
      Well, to start, I'm a self admitted fish. I attempted to play SSS at NL2 and run at -1.2BB/100 over 8k hands. I'm particularly proud of this hand although im curious to if I was right to check on flop after being the preflop agressor. Or should I contibet here. I personally feel checking was the best move, but then again I cant beat Micros :)

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, A (Comment)
      Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 9, K, K (3 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15, Hero folds.

Turn: ($0.55) 5 (2 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, BU bets $1.00, BB raises to $1.74 (All-In), BU calls $0.27 (All-In).

River: ($3.56) 6 (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $3.56

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BB shows three of a kind, kings (Kd 3d)
      BU shows a full-house, fives full of kings (5h 5s)

BU wins with a full-house, fives full of kings (5h 5s)
  • 4 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i would've just contibet with an overpair.

KK on the board means its less likely than someone else has a K.

If i still have chips after the contibet, i'll consider folding to a strong raise.

What are the suits of the cards btw?
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Man, in SSS you will pretty much never lay down AA.

As Termi8r said, KK on the board make it less likely that someone else has a K, so just bet, bet, bet here. =D

EDIT: I must be going insane here, I meant "as elhh82" said... oh boy..
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      As Termi8r said, KK on the board make it less likely that someone else has a K, so just bet, bet, bet here.

Well, I never heard Termi8r say that. But I'm pretty sure it's the sort of clever thing he would say :)

Meanwhile, I agree with elhh82 and Dandycal: while you happened to make a fortunate laydown in this instance, you will definitely loose money if you make a habit of laying AA down playing SSS - especially on microlimits.

However, you don't give your stack size, which might just about conceivably make folding AA acceptable if it's big (but then it's not SSS)...

Tim
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Man, in SSS you will pretty much never lay down AA.

As Termi8r said, KK on the board make it less likely that someone else has a K, so just bet, bet, bet here. =D
      Please, otherwise you lose money in the long run :( ! It's the BEST hand in No limit Hold'em - It is your moneymaker!

- Gerv