This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

bankroll question,

• donkeymaster
      donkeymaster
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just question on Bankroll I know u meant to use 2% of your bank roll.

I have started from $50 starting capital and now I am $100.

And decide to move up to $2 SNG from $1.

Just wondering from your experience If I start having lossing streak where should I drop back down to $1?

should drop to $1 when my bankroll stop to $50? or should be in safe side and drop to $1 when my bankroll is like around $75?

Thanks all
  • 2 replies
    • TWJ
      TWJ
      Bronze
      Correct me If I'm wrong. I ain't no expert. But I think for SNG its better to have 40 buy-ins so once your bankroll fall less than 40 buy-ins move down the limit.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello donkeymaster,

Its a thing of preference really. The latest point at which you must drop back down is $50 since - although you could also drop down earlier. In general if you are using 50 buy-in BRM the critical point is when you hit 50 buy-ins of the next lower limit. Moving down too early, is never wrong, but could slow down your overall progress - since recovering your losses on the lower limits will of course take faster than recovering them at the higher limit.

Best regards
      SoyCD