Shove Preflop too strong?

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      So you have about the standard stack size. Playing SSS. You have a tight image, 7/7 to 9/9

One loose-aggressive opponent raises preflop. You know he raises hands that you are way ahead of. He folds to reraises often.

You are in MP3+, late positions. You have a monster inside you pants, i mean hand. What do you do?

Here the dilemma,
      -If you call, other people might call too, destroying the value of your monster.
      -If you only call with big hands, its an obvious tell.
      -If you shove, almost 90% of the time they will all fold to you. You'll have to be happy picking up the 5BBs profit.

I guess raising all in is the standard move here. But are there any alternatives?
  • 3 replies
    • whateverdude
      whateverdude
      Bronze
      Shove. If they are loose you will make profits because they pay off your big hands. If they are tight, you won't make so much profit from your big hands, but you will be able to make profit from the FE moves SSS has - blind steals, resteals and squeezing.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I'm always confused about this too.

Say i'm in late position with AK and 2 people have already called, i've been Tight all game so people have an idea about me. In thisposition I always call it instead of Raises because i'm worried everyone will fold.

Flop comes up and if i'm still on Ace high I always raise it but if I hit anything I check/call just to try and keep people in the game for longer.

Probably not correct but that's what I do
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      I'm always confused about this too.

Say i'm in late position with AK and 2 people have already called, i've been Tight all game so people have an idea about me. In thisposition I always call it instead of Raises because i'm worried everyone will fold.

Flop comes up and if i'm still on Ace high I always raise it but if I hit anything I check/call just to try and keep people in the game for longer.

Probably not correct but that's what I do
      Thats very -EV in the long run.

From my experience.. if people try to "hide" their hand in a such a way to me it just becomes very clear what they have.

Another thing is if you do not raise you will never get money anyway. The only time when your all-in now is when your beat.

I suggest you stop playing like that and go back to basic strategy.