ring game stakes for $170

• shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      after a fortnight of playing of just over 10k hands, i have built the original $5 up to $170

I play 9 tables at a time for just over an hour a day.

I currently play 4 tables of NL25 SSS and 5 tables of NL4 BSS

I hate to say it, but I've become 'bored' and playing poker isn't 'thrilling' anymore, I play like a robot most of the time (micro stakes so ABC poker is best).

I was thinking, would it be wise to open up NL10 BSS table in place of a SSS table bacuse:

1) I can get a feel for NL10 before my bankroll grows big enough to accomodate all NL10
      2) It doesn't jeapordise my bankroll too much, since if i lost a $10 buy in, my bankroll would still be $160 (more than enough for NL4 BSS)

i.e

would playing:
      3 NL5 SSS, 5 NL4 BSS, 1 Nl10 BSS be a good idea with $170?

as for multitabling, it is not the issue I can play conformtably. The issue is my bankroll?!
  • 3 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I don't like the idea of mixing two different strategys at once, if you are bored of SSS play BSS nl4 till you reach 200. But at nl10 you will still need to be playing ABC poker. :)

You could try shorthanded games, those are more fun (more action) and more profitable for experienced players.
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      I like to see mixing strategies as complimenting than conflicting.

SSS allows me to limit my risk and go for 'easy' double ups and increase my bankroll, whereas simultaneously playing BSS allows me to increase my understanding and how to handle situations. But yes, I will keep grinding then move up! Good luck to you!

Oh and as for shorthanded, I feel it would be hard to keep up 9 tables at a time and if I stepped down e.g to 4 then I would be winning less overall (e.g per hour)

My goal to to make money, not to have fun (but fun on the way is good), so I guess I answered my own thread really... thanks!
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      imo Move up if you are bored and your BR allows it, but boredom comes back as soon as you hit a downswing =/