Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $16,68
      BU:
      $6,45

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $0,40, CO folds, BU calls $0,40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) T:club: , 2:heart: , 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, BU calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,35) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, BU calls $1,50.

River: ($5,35) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero?

Given his stacksize blockbet/f is not possible so what is the best move?
  • 2 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      He seems very passive but also to be a calling station. He did not afraid of ace and flush might have completed.

Give the above facts, i would c/f. He will rarely bet with worse and he is likely to check behind.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Check/calling is obviously the worst line, he likely will never bet worse hands when checked to here i don't think.

Check/folding is fine for the same reason, you can be confident that he has you beat when he bets.

Value shoving is probably a bit thin even against him. The 9c on the river completes the flushdraw and T9. The A turn card is somewhat bad, he could have floated the flop with A-high or have AT and even if he doesn't, that plus the flush getting there might scare him off Tx sometimes. He'll probably still call with enough JT QT KT to make shoving for value good for these odds tho.

I think you can pick one between shove and c/f depending on how you approach variance, and be happy with it.

Hope it helps.