Suggestion 2

• serialced
      serialced
      Bronze
      I think it would be a good idea and a fun thing to do if every month there was a freeroll for every user category (bronze, silver, gold, plat, diamond) where the winner of the freeroll doesnt get a money prize, but a buyin for a 50$ or 100$ HU game against a coach.

Maybe 100$ for best of three HU game against a coach?

Think its a good incentive for new players to improve their game, new video's could be created like this and of course its just fun to do :)
  • 13 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      im confused. how do you play a bo3 in poker ? : S
    • serialced
      serialced
      Bronze
      What you just said doesnt make any sense at all.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Hi,

some people already made simular suggestions.
      We had some really huge promotions/freerolls for our different members before (bronze, silver...) but these promotions did not fit with the idea of pokerstrategy. We are aiming for one goal! ANd that is to make you a better poker player.

Every $ spent into promotions/freerolls for players up to platinum is a wasted $. Because if we spent the money into content the benefit will be much higher for this group of players.

Thats also the reason why we only run one promotion (the $40.000 High Roller thing :D )
      THese players mainly reached a skill level where they can not benefit soo much from our content like a beginner can (Although they could but at these levels you have start with active learning, participate in discussions and stuff that we offer in our stox/konr board but most of them are to lazy to do that but that is another story) so ....

I hope you got my point.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      Stefan1000, I completly agree with you. But some "challange the pros" for new players would be still nice. Possibly with playmoney (?), as then there is noting to lose. Just an idea.
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      bo3 = best of three. its not my fault you aren't aware of common abbreviations. Still , how do you play a best of three in poker?.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by undercover82
      bo3 = best of three. its not my fault you aren't aware of common abbreviations. Still , how do you play a best of three in poker?.
      3 Heads up sngs and the winner of 2 wins? :D
    • serialced
      serialced
      Bronze
      jup

and how do you play it?
      just play 3...

didnt think it was that hard to figure out...
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      ok u mentioned the 100$ so i figured you mean real money heads up instead of SNG style.
    • serialced
      serialced
      Bronze
      You cant play HU cashgames on partypoker so why would you think that? ;)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by serialced
      You cant play HU cashgames on partypoker so why would you think that? ;)
      its possible :) you can create private tables with a password
    • serialced
      serialced
      Bronze
      yes, but then its a 10seat cashgame and the dealer is the BB whilst the other player is the SB.

Normally when playing HU, its the other way around (dealer SB, opponent BB)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      but its an HU ;)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Ok comin back to the topic of this thread.

Problems:

1) We can not devide communities/languages correctly so it would be something for all PokerStrategy Members. and especially the german and russian community are really really huge.
      So only one person would benefit.

2) Heads-Up play is expert content. You need quite a lot experience for that to play.

3) Our principals are to teach to play profitable poker. To only make moves or choose games which are +EV. That means investing time for a huge Freeroll with this benefit would not fit to our principels.

What we did some time ago in the german community was a HU tournament between our coaches, where the users could listen.

But what we will do is to implement more Heads-Up content in the future in our platinum area+

Best regards,
      Stefan