Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $19,80
      Hero:
      $25,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:club: , 8:club:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,85, BU folds, SB raises to $3,50, 2 folds, SB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $1,95

it is good fold? with what hands can we call here? TT,JJ AQ AJs?

should be more inclined to call with 89s if we know he 3bets light or for value? If he 3bets light we can raise a lot of flops and take the pot and if he 3bets for value we have more implied odds and we know he will often stack off if we hit 2pairs but im not sure if this is enough to call.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

That guy doesn't even have a full stack, folding suited connectors is fine when you have no idea about his range. I usually call medium pocket pairs and AQ as a default, and higher suited connectors if i feel like they're overdoing it and i want to mess with them postflop in position. Stick to hands that can make an overpair or a good top pair on most flops, like 88-JJ/AQ/KQs, especially after only 10 hands.

At these stakes you should generally be more inclined to call against value 3bets imo, at least until you're sure you can move the guy off some hands postflop. People play so straightforwardly that you likely won't get a c-bet on boards that are good for you to represent, and you'll give money to their TPTK hands (that they won't fold in a 3bet pot) on usual c-bet flops unless they have a high enough 3bet%/cbet% combo.

Hope it helps.