I will be living a dream! NL BSS New year New goals!

• Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze

Hello!
      My name is Andris and I am from Latvia.
      My english skills are quite low so dont be angry. :rolleyes:

How did I get here:
      The story how did I get to pokerstrategy is kinda interesting. It is really hard times in Latvia and I am low at money so I wanted to become freelance web designer and one day I was reading some latvian designer blog and there was an article called. "Poker playing online." so I started to read it and there was a link to pokerstrategy. When I started to read PokerStrategy basic articles I was kinda surprised how few hands are played preflop. I tried to pass quiz on the same day but I failed and on the next day I passed quiz and registered on Pokerstars and waited for my 50$ they were not coming and then I checked my e-mail and I sent a photo with my passport. And waited for starting capital but it was denied by a PokerStars.

My pokerplaying story:
      Then I started to play some freerols and got my first 40 cents. On the next day I started to play 0,01$ SnGs and I was surprised how lucky you should be there because you already start with 10 BBs and blind levels increase every 3 mins. So I started to play 0,1$ SnGs I sucked there too but won some times too but on next day I lost it all... But then on next day PokerStars transfered 2$ to my acc so I had new chance, turned it in 4,97$ by playing some 0,25$ SnGs but on next day I played 2 1$ SnGs to get bronze on PokerStrategy. :) But I lost allmost all and played some 0,01$ SnGs and in one I became 3rd of 990 players. Now my bankroll is around 0,5$ but it's my own fault of bad BRM.

Plans:
      For my future plans is to play only MTTs and freerols for now, later I will play SnGs. And when I don't play those I will play Playmoney SnGs :f_cool: to practice and maybe after a while change my playmoney to real money. 500k = 5$ :)

My goals
      • Reach 100$ in my bankroll.
      • Reach 1000$ in my bankroll.
      • Reach 10000$ in my bankroll.
      • Reach 100000$ in my bankroll.
      • Reach 1000000$ in my bankroll. :)
      • Play some live event.
      • Become black member.
      • Go to some black member party.

I am studying hard bronze articles right now and I will watch bronze videos later. If point update would be faster I would participate in yesterday's live coaching. I will keep this blog updated. And yeah. Probably I will involve my sister here so Brothers blog will have some competition. :P
  • 34 replies
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      A little update. I asked to transfer my starting capital to PartyPoker and started to play there. First two days was hard there because I was rarely In the money. Today I am in the money at least 80%. I've been in the money last 5-7 SNGs. I find few leaks. I was afraid of pushing. Also watched some bronze videos.
      My bankroll was down to 39$ but now it's 53,21$ not much but it's progress for me. I am going to country now so I wont be able to play and next week I will start multitabling. I have cleared 6% of bonus too. I think I will become silver next week. I want to study silver articles faster. :)
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Pretty bad end of my day.
      I was on final table on BB and had 78o and none raised before the flop so I checked. I had two pairs on the flop and gone all-in and they called me and on the turn guy with KK got the set and on the river he got a full house. :/
      In the end I finished 8th from 548 players.
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Still a nice cash :)

GL with your blog and at the tables too, man! Latvia FTW :f_p:
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Hello again. I have a quite big problem. I get bored really fast from poker and my BR is not moving up or down. I'm just clearing bonus. How did you found which poker version is best for you? I'm playing SNGs and MTTs atm but maybe I should try cach games? I studied silver articles hard today but no success. :/ I will try to look at videos to see how all these things work together.
    • maks0n
      maks0n
      Bronze
      You definitely should try all game types and find what best suits you. I play cash games and sometimes mtt's for fun in order not to get bored :) because when you do something for a very long time with no changes you get bored :)
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Need help with pokertracker 3! How can I delete all hands and start it from nothing? Because it shows that I have played 20 tournaments but I have played a lot more and it shows that I allways lose.

Yesterday played 3 0,25$ buy in 45man SNG's and 1 90 man SNG.
      Finished in the money in two 5th and 6th place. I was shortstacked and coin flips didn't go well.
      Bankroll on PokerStars 13,49$ (this is not where my starting capital were. I started from 0)
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Today played some five 0,25$ 45 man SNGs and made a profit around 5$. I just love to play them. My bankroll is growing pretty slowly because I am home only 3 days a week. Current bankroll on PokerStars 20,19$ :)
    • Zyklox
      Zyklox
      Bronze
      Good luck with your goals!

How can you sell playmoney for real money?
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Thank you. :) Google "sell pokerstars playmoney" :)
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hello there!

You probably know from my user-name, that I also live in the 'pile of shit' ;)

My suggestions to you. Find the format you like the best and master it! FR SnG`s probably is the best way to go(IMO).

Also practice ICM a lot.

Final tip: no matter what, make the right decisions and play your A-game!

GL
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Running pretty bad these 2 days. Yesterday I played live poker with my 3 friends with candies in prize pool. Winner takes it all. :D I was "in the candies" 1 out of 5 times! Damn. One of my friends was really lucky and he don't even have a clue about blindsteals and you can't bluff them so well because they just don't see is board draw heavy or not. :D I also tried to make some reads on them. I know some of their playing manners now. :)
      On online poker. I played 8 1$ SNGs on PartyPoker and was in the 3rd place in one! Really bad. Need to learn harder! Also busted in pokerstars 50c MTT.
      And finally! Big thanks to pokerstrategy for creating MTT strategy section! :)

Dienaszaglis what type of poker are you playing? Maybe we could talk about poker on skype if you are playing SNGs or MTTs?
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      This day was pretty awesome! I finally tried Cash games. At first I went to strategy section and read basics about SSS, then I went to play NL10. Didn't have much to wait and I got my JJ running into AA and AK, lost both times and was down 4$, but I kept playing because pokers is swingy. And at the end of the session I got 11,25$ profit. I think I will keep playing SSS for now. It was my first ever try on cash games. I played just 2 tables max. So my first day graph. GRAPH
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      Gl brachka ;)
      SSS works really well for boosting up ur bankroll. I'm currently grinding NL25 9 or 14-16 multitabling.
      Wish u best of luck!
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Hey hey! I know that noone reads my blog so it will be an update for me. :D
      Running swingy these days. :) I can't choose which type of poker is for me. I don't like SSS, because it's pretty hard to find good table for it (specially on PartyPoker). Tried BSS and don't know. Someday I will try it again, because I need to collect 400 partypoints in next 15 days, so I am playing SSS 4 tables, because I have 17'' crt monitor. :D I would like to play 6 tables but I dont feel comfortable when tables overlay each other. I don't know maybe I should try to play FL. But there are a very small chance that I will play SNGs because I have to share my computer with other people from my family.
      So I have some new goals in near future.
      • Clear 2 Bonuses on PartyPoker
      • Buy monitor with at least 22''

I've studied bronze articles hard and it gives results.
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      22" is not worth it imo. Just go for 24".

I bought mine at internet shop in France called http://www.pixmania.com/ and got it shipped to Latvia for like 115Ls. And it only took like 5 days - some internet shops in Latvia ship longer than that.

Anyway - labu veiksmi! (for non latvians - it means gl)
    • pontags
      pontags
      Bronze
      Hi Huseens! How are ure things doing? Why don't u post any of ure hands on blog?

I'm too fro Latvia, so GL!
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      I am running pretty bad those days. I lost some part of my bankroll due loose play. :D Also I switched to BSS and currently I am playing NL2. I don't have that much time to play and study poker because of school, choir and gym. I will update when I will climb up a limit I guess. :)
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      I am having hard time to fold medicore hands. :( I am just waiting to get good hand and a fish to pay me off, but then I pay to the fish myself. :(
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $1.00
      CO:
      $2.65
      BU(Hero):
      $1.94
      SB:
      $0.46
      BB:
      $3.05
      UTG1:
      $6.65
      UTG2:
      $1.97
      MP1:
      $4.70
      MP2:
      $1.48

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.14, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.12, MP2 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.47) 3, 4, 2 (3 players)
      MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.36, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.19) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.19) J (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.98, Hero calls $0.98.

Final Pot: $3.15.
      Results follow:

MP2 shows a flush, jack high(J T).
      Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).

MP2 wins with a flush, jack high(J T).
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      So some updates. I am running so so these days. Made a 8$ profit I guess in 2 days. Played ~2k hands on NL2. I can fold more hands now, but still today made a 1 donk call. :(

So here is pretty funny hand. Hud showed that my oponent is pretty tight so I decided to steal with any two. So look what happened.

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $3.86
      MP2:
      $1.21
      MP3:
      $4.97
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $3.00
      SB(Hero):
      $1.91
      BB:
      $1.20

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 5.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) 7, T, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.36) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.02, Hero calls $1.02.

River: ($2.4) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.4.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, eight high(8 5).
      BB shows a straight, eight high(5 8).

Hero wins with a straight, eight high(8 5).
      BB wins with a straight, eight high(5 8).

Rake won. :f_cry:

And one more hand with who I am not satisfied with my play.

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $1.24
      CO:
      $1.42
      BU:
      $2.23
      SB:
      $0.96
      BB(Hero):
      $2.48
      UTG2:
      $1.88
      MP1:
      $1.22
      MP2:
      $0.52

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 6.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 6, 7, T (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.1) K (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.06, MP2 calls $0.06, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB folds.

River: ($0.22) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, MP2 raises to $0.28, Hero raises to $0.82, MP2 calls $0.16.

Final Pot: $1.62.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and sixs(K 6).
      MP2 shows a straight, ace high(J A).

MP2 wins with a straight, ace high(J A).

And here is the graph whick shows that I just cant fold good preflop hands.
      CLICK HERE TO SEE GRAPH
      That huge upswing at the begining is time when I played SSS. Then I went down with SSS and somewere I switched to BSS. So I am making little progress for now. I am playing just 3 tables.