$4.73
      BB(Hero):
      $5.23
      UTG1:
      $5.00
      UTG2:
      $1.62

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.73, Hero raises to $5.18, MP3 calls $0.35(All-In), SB calls $3.98.

Flop: ($10.71) 4, J, A (3 players)

Turn: ($10.71) 9 (3 players)

River: ($10.71) 9 (3 players)

Final Pot: $10.71.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and nines(Ac Kh).
      MP3 shows a full-house, aces full of nines(As Ad).
      SB shows two pairs, queens and nines(Qs Qd).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and nines(Ac Kh).
      MP3 wins with a full-house, aces full of nines(As Ad).

Was this too aggressive preflop? Should I have just flat called or maybe even folded?
  • 4 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I think there's definitely no reason to go all in. Maybe flat call preflop.

I normally fold AK if there are tow big raises ahead of me, but some may consider it too tight at micro-limits.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelqian
      I think there's definitely no reason to go all in. Maybe flat call preflop.

I normally fold AK if there are tow big raises ahead of me, but some may consider it too tight at micro-limits.
      Quite the opposite actually I think. On higher stakes people 3-bet & squeeze way lighter then on micro-stakes. SB's min-re-raise is often very strong. Cold 4-bet-shoving here is overplaying your hand slightly I think.

I guess a cold call isn't extremely bad but the problem is that you won't have position post-flop and MP is getting sick odds to call with alot of trash hands especially cause he has the button post-flop which is not gonna make things easier for you.

Folding is probably the best option here, or at least the options with the least variance. You only invested 1BB in the pot anyway. Shouldn't be too hard to give this hand up.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you want to avoid variance, fold is perfectly fine here. I like fold even more if SB hasn´t been very active at the tables, because if he 3bets then he likely has MP range crushed which mostly indicates to strong hand.
    • fuzzygoggle
      fuzzygoggle
      Bronze
      Yeah ok cool thanks for the feedback it felt like i was making a bad play when i was raising although I had caught the SB bluffing twice already in that session but yeah i think ill fold it in future