A plug for Pokerstars

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Hey all,

Some of you remember me from a bit back but I have been somewhat absent from the forums since I became a full time poker player with no other income.

I just wanted to say that Pokerstars new Deepstack tournaments (5000 starting chips with 30 minute blinds) are the best thing to hit the online tournament poker world since sliced bread.

Too often in normal internet games you find yourself getting into bad situations due to being card dead early and then having to push withing 30 minutes of the start of a tournament. This occurance happens far too often and it makes swings so much bigger. The new deepstacks fix this problem. You can play proper poker and you have more chips and time to make good moves.

A quick warning to anyone serious about playing these tournaments, they take upwards of 10 hours so dont expect to sit down for 3 hours and bang out a tournament. These are now the only online tournaments I play as 10-15 minute blinds with 1500 starting chips is just too swingy.

Anyways I hope this opens the door to some of you more hardcore tournament players to show your skills and win some big money. Happy hunting.

Also, i tend to never multitable tournaments. My hourly RoI will definately be lower but If i can place better everytime with more concentration that should make up for it.
  • 4 replies
    • JoPokerJo
      JoPokerJo
      Bronze
      I may just have to try one :rolleyes:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Yummy.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      I don't play these, no matter the buy-in.

1) Time. I don't want to commit that much time even though I'm a tournament player.

2) Bad returns compared to time spend.

3) Harder to multitable because you should play more hands and consentrate on the hands.

4) I don't think I have much edge. Cash players do better in these than in normal mtt's so there is less bad players.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      I love them. I find I have far less edge is a donkament than I do when I can make good plays and wait out some of the mistakes players make. Also table image takes a whole new meaning in these.

I may be so excited about them because I tend to do very well in live tournaments and this is the closes thing to a live slow blind tournament you can find online.