ID Verification Help Please

• pwned94
      pwned94
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I passed the quiz and chose bet365, set up an account as instructed and verified my passport details with bet365. I hear that PokerStrategy will want ID as well, and this is my question: When I set up the account yesterday (with both PS and bet365) I put my surname as Barratt, because it is. My passport, renewed in 2006 displays my surname as Palmer. I have since divorced and returned to my original name of Barratt. My passport is valid until 2017 and I can still use it despite my surname changing, as all other details are correct (name, DOB etc). This was suitable ID for bet365, so will this be a problem with you? Will there be a problem when I send the scanned passport? I have not been asked to do this yet, but according to other members I will be emailed and requestes to do so shortly.
      I apologize if this is in the wrong forum!
      Regards
  • 3 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello pwned94,

First of all welcome to the site. I moved the thread to the beginner questions since it is better suited here :)

It looks like you were indeed already asked to send your ID (at least you should have received an E-mail). I can't answer your question is 100% certainty, but would advise you to simply send the passport that you do have and explain the situation to the support in the e-mail. I see you have also asked the support via ticket system, this will also hopefully get you a more concrete answer.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • pwned94
      pwned94
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello pwned94,

First of all welcome to the site. I moved the thread to the beginner questions since it is better suited here :)

It looks like you were indeed already asked to send your ID (at least you should have received an E-mail). I can't answer your question is 100% certainty, but would advise you to simply send the passport that you do have and explain the situation to the support in the e-mail. I see you have also asked the support via ticket system, this will also hopefully get you a more concrete answer.

Best regards
      SoyCD
      Thank you very much for your response and my apologies for posting it incorrectly. I have been emailed to say that I have passed the quiz, but as of yet nothing asking me for ID. Shall I send it to your support department anyway?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pwned94
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello pwned94,

Best regards
      SoyCD
      Thank you very much for your response and my apologies for posting it incorrectly. I have been emailed to say that I have passed the quiz, but as of yet nothing asking me for ID. Shall I send it to your support department anyway?
      Hello pwned94,

Yes I would simply send it to the support to see how that goes. Just include the explanation in the e-mail.

Best regards
      SoyCD