[NL2-NL10] Kk Nl10 Sh

• Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      KK NL10 SH

(Not enough hands for stats)
      I think I was MP2 and villain was BB + $-amounts are a little bit off? Handconverter bit strange.
      I raised 4 hands in a row, fold one and then this one:

MP3 ($9.48)
      CO ($11.29) __________ (Hero)
      BB ($1.85)
      SB ($10.17)
      BTN ($10.69)
      MP2 ($9.12)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , K:heart:
      1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $1.10, Hero raises to $2.40, MP2 calls $1.60,

Flop: 9:diamond: , 3:club: , 3:heart: ( $5.65 )
      MP2 checks, Hero checks,

Turn: T:club: ( $5.65 )
      He went allin here, somehow didn't show
      Hero calls $6.32,

River: 8:club: ( $11.97 )

---------------

What do you think about my flop check-behind?
      Reason:
      This guy has either AK or a smaller (high) pp (AA/KK not relevant), or some random crap. Both hands he's likely to fold against a bet in a 4bet pot. I only need 2 streets to get his remaining stack.
      No draws available, so I was giving him a chance to either bluff the turn or bet his lower pp. If he has an ace, he only has 3 outs, i took that chance, partly because he's unlikely to bluff a turn ace anyway if he doesn't have one, because I probably hit it. I was representing AK on the flop and would bet\raise any turn.
  • 5 replies
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      + He's more likely to get his money in on latter streets because of my flop weakness.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Your line is fine if you have a read on his aggression and bluffing tendencies. Something like "always bets when checked to".

If you don't, you'd probably be better off just c-bet/calling the flop. You've been very active preflop over the last orbit, raising and reraising 5 hands out of 6, if he has an overpair on that flop he probably won't fold it, there is nothing scary for him on the board.

Hope it helps.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

Your line is fine if you have a read on his aggression and bluffing tendencies. Something like "always bets when checked to".

If you don't, you'd probably be better off just c-bet/calling the flop. You've been very active preflop over the last orbit, raising and reraising 5 hands out of 6, if he has an overpair on that flop he probably won't fold it, there is nothing scary for him on the board.

Hope it helps.

Thanks, but you got something wrong. Sorry, but the handconverter didn't do a good job, my mistake.
      I was in position against him. He was BB, I was UTG+1. Please re-evaluate.
      Thanks again!
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes you are in position, I'll rephrase that if you want. Unless you have a reason to believe that he will indeed bet the turn after you check back the flop, you're better off c-bet/calling that flop.

You would bet your air there, and any overcard to his pocket pair will make it less likely that you get paid off when you bet later streets if he doesn't get aggressive on his own.

Hope it helps.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Okay, then I got something wrong, ty :)