SSS two thumbs up

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I've been a student in Poker Strategy since November 2008, but started taking the game really seriously only in the last 3 or 4 months. I currently play SSS NL100 and NL200 and I thought it would be worthwhile sharing the fair amount of success I managed to get with this game.

A lot of people wonder whether SSS is at all profitable or not, well I think this can help you out:

This graphic covers months April-June, NL25, NL50 and NL100. As you can see, those are 170k hands, so its pretty much beyond variance. Now I don't recommend SSS over any other strategy, but it sure is a great starter for any poker career!

And of course I gotta thank Poker Strategy for all this.

Best of luck to you all!
  • 18 replies
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
      Something is wrong with the last 10k hands on your graph :D
    • ruskiyguy
      ruskiyguy
      Bronze
      nice run man, but gotta say the last 10k hands weren't SSS they had to be BSS because the line is almost vertical. I could be wrong, wont be the first time lol
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Congrats! Another example how SSS works. I'd like to hear more about your style of play on NL100 and NL200. Where do you play? Pokerstars?
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      @ruskiyguy: all hands were in fact SSS. I had moved up limits in the last part of the graphic so the winnings get bigger (and I wasn't running bad obviously =D)

@ Rockeye: Releasing bonus in Everest and playing Stars, yeah. You are SSSer also right?
    • Natasa74
      Natasa74
      Bronze
      Congrats!

Good luck!
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Yep i am an SSSer, still playing at Party. Can't really leave, they keep giving me all kinds of bonuses just to keep me playing and i can't just let em go :D .
      First start on NL50 after withdrawal went bad and i went down for 24BI. Now i am recovering.

If you got any cool advices, just hit me with em :s_biggrin:

GL :f_cool:
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      @Rockeye: add me on Skype, we can chat some sss: "danielcaltabiano"
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Good job man :)
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      I'm just interested to know:

1) How long (in days) did this take? Do you spend a lot of time studying and play few tables (suggesting this is like a year) or is this playing with 20+ tables?

2) What does your All in EV look like? Mine has been breakeven for most of my SSS career and my profit all seems to come from bonuses. Are you running above expected here or below?

Cheers mate and good luck in the future.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hey Phil,

I hadn't checked this post for a long time.. But here it goes:

1) It took me around 2 andd a half months, so roughly 75 days... I would play 20+ tables in NL25, but in NL50+ I played 12-16 tables. I also spent a reasonable amount of time studying.

2) I don't have my old database anymore in order to post my AI EV line here, but I remember I was running a little above EV.. Something like 20 or 25% I think. On the later part of the graphic I had moved up to NL100, and I was running pretty good there, so that made a big difference ;)

There is a lot of variance in SSS< just like in any other poker variant. I've gone through pretty awful moments myself.. but it pays off in the long run if you develop your game well enough.

Good luck to you too mate!
    • 0tt
      0tt
      Bronze
      This graph is nice indeed! :s_o:
      Playing SSS aswell in NL5. Played about 23k hands and -45BI. I'm broke soon if variance gets me before :f_eek:
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      dandycal: Your graph is almost the opposite of mine. Clearly you are doing something very wrong.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      What software makes the graph? PokerTracker? Elephant? I'm playing micro limits SSS to build bankroll before I start moving up limits. Currently playing .1/.2 on PartyPoker :P SSS is fun though.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gedwashere91
      What software makes the graph?
      Hold'em Manager
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      Very nice graph and blog !
    • xero100
      xero100
      Bronze
      I gess you play sh not fl I need sliver rank to read about sh :f_frown:
      but I need less than 20 points :f_biggrin:
      what monitor you have size and resoliution
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 0tt
      This graph is nice indeed! :s_o:
      Playing SSS aswell in NL5. Played about 23k hands and -45BI. I'm broke soon if variance gets me before :f_eek:
      Cant play SSS at NL5, go re-read articles.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      CAN play SSS at NL5. If the site allows you to buy in for $1 then you can. Not at pokerstars I know, but on full tilt, partypoker and mansion I'm sure you can. In fact you can short stack on NL2. Interesting to say the least...