This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 99 SB - OESD oop vs station

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $56.22
      UTG2:
      $45.62

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:spade: , 9:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.50, 5 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, BB folds, UTG2 calls $2.50.

Flop: ($6.50) K:heart: , T:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, UTG2 calls $4.00.

Turn: ($14.50) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.25, UTG2 calls $7.25.

River: ($29.00) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 checks.

Final Pot: $29.00

This guy played any 2 cards from any position. I bet turn with OESD in case he's floating, maybe I should check since hes a station...
  • 6 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I just remembered a judge telling me that if straight gets there I will get no/little action because its too obvious. Still don't know correct play though =)
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Bronze
      If his a station, c/c turn, and make a big valuebet river if you hit.

A station never fold turn with second pair ect so check turn. BUT if I bet turn, I'm bluffing river to make him fold Tx, but I'm not sure if he ever folds K4 ect..
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Yeah, he is calling with Kx there
      Still I think betting turn is ok, since this way if you hit your straight you can shove and likely he´d call anyway and if you miss then c/f is ok.
      Although his wtsd is not that high then you could try to push him off the pot wither c/rai on the turn or overbetting turn, but both these plays are very player dependent and likely I´d played it the same way as you.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Still I think betting turn is ok, since this way if you hit your straight you can shove and likely he´d call anyway and if you miss then c/f is ok.
      Although his wtsd is not that high then you could try to push him off the pot wither c/rai on the turn or overbetting turn, but both these plays are very player dependent and likely I´d played it the same way as you.
      I think his WSD is high because it depends on his VPIP
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I think his WSD is high because it depends on his VPIP
      Agree :)
      But I still think he´d likely call you down with Kx hand .