This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 25NL AQo FR value vs Fish?

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5)
      BB ($22.45)

Fold to 2nd barrel -> 31% (13 trials)

UTG ($28.25)
      UTG+1 ($5.09)
      Hero ($25)
      MP1 ($27.15)
      CO ($4.90)
      BTN ($38.71)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.75

FLOP ($2.10) A:club: 3:heart: 9:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

TURN ($5.10) A:club: 3:heart: 9:club: A:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.75, BB folds

How can I get more value out of my hand now? Checking behind for Bluff Induce and Raise/Call the River??

- Gerv
  • 4 replies
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Bronze
      bet bet bet ;) his not that aggresive so he likely just checkbehind turn.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      His AF is 1.7 while his AFq is above average (43%) - moreover he floats on the Turn 83% (6 trials) (missed CB vs)

Maybe I'm deviating way more than I should but you got a point about the AF but I disagree that he likely just check behind since I see him as a Flop-Peeler and fish-floater
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Bronze
      I comment as if you were oop, me=fish...

Anyways, I still think bet bet bet is best line when HE checks first turn. Because we want all the money in, and because another A on turn is a good bluffcard he will often call a 9 or some PP on turn too.

If we checkbehind we are likely to might get a small valuebet from a 9 on river if not another overcard to 9 will show up. But still, then it's better to bet turn, to might get another blockbet or 2/3 valuebet on river.

When you got such a big hand you want more money in the middle, and you dont get that if you check turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Snodreliss
      I comment as if you were oop, me=fish...

Anyways, I still think bet bet bet is best line when HE checks first turn. Because we want all the money in, and because another A on turn is a good bluffcard he will often call a 9 or some PP on turn too.

If we checkbehind we are likely to might get a small valuebet from a 9 on river if not another overcard to 9 will show up. But still, then it's better to bet turn, to might get another blockbet or 2/3 valuebet on river.

When you got such a big hand you want more money in the middle, and you dont get that if you check turn.
      +1
      You have to bet turn to get value from draws, and other hands that he called on the flop.