BB ($25)
      UTG ($4.65)
      UTG+1 ($5.55)
      UTG+2 ($9.75)
      MP1 ($36.67)
      Hero ($25.61)
      BTN ($13.71)

Dealt to Hero J:club: A:club:

fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.25, fold, Hero raises to $1.25, BTN calls $1.25, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($3.10) K:diamond: 8:spade: J:heart:

Hero bets $2, BTN calls $2

TURN ($7.10) K:diamond: 8:spade: J:heart: 3:club:

Hero bets $4, BTN folds

Is this ok to bet again on turn against this player? From time to time I see such players calling IP and waiting for a check on turn and than bet with their air even on K high flop.
  • 2 replies
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      I don't like much your second barrel on a blank, usually villain will pay with the same cards he payed on the flop since nothing has changed. And then on the river you'd be more or less committed with your 2nd pair since he'd have about $6 on a $15 pot.

If you think he is floating then c/raise turn would be better, but I usually just c/fold here if he bets a reasonable amount.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it's fine against a 54/5, i just don't like check/folding given his AF at that time even tho it's a small sample. He'll peel the flop with all sort of stuff on that texture, anything from worse Jx to T9 QT Q9 maybe 8x and whatnot. So when the turn blanks out i think you can bet again for pure value against him.

If you check it's tougher because there's a good chance that he'll fire both turn and river should he decided to take you off your hand with his floats, and bluff catching 2PTP against an unknown for your entire stack if he pots it twice is generally very uncomfortable until you know more about his tendencies.

Stay aggressive yourself until you get either confident enough in your read to call two streets with this hand or until you get a better hand to bluff catch with imo.

Hope it helps.