what stakes should i use>>

• johnboy1
      johnboy1
      Silver
      hi there im waiting for my bonus of 50 dollars what table stakes should i go when i get it i want to play NL HOLD EM, 10c/20c blinds ?? and how much should i take to the table or should i take the gamble and go straight on to a $1/$2 table to double up? i know you should not take more than 5% of your bank roll to the table erm lol ?( is that right oh god ok il start again what do you normal play when you get your bonus of 50 dollars do you still play tourneys and what buy ins should it be please help cause i want to build up my balance instead of wasting it all in one day
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Depends what format you want to play(NL, FL) and what strategy you will use(BSS, SSS). I suppose it will be Holdem, not Razz.
    • Irooz
      Irooz
      Bronze
      Hi

It would be a good idea to go and read the basic no limit articles in the strategy section whilst waiting for your $50 you will learn about bankroll management and pre/post flop play. :)

Goodluck
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello johnboy1,

I suggest you read the articles again, especially those on bankroll management. If you play NL Hold'em you would be playing either 05c/10c for the short stack strategy or even lower (01c/02c) for BSS. Gambling at the high stakes is not the path to becoming a winning poker player.

The low limits are all about learning so that you can later succeed at the higher stakes. There are on shortcuts in poker and you will need to work hard in order to become a winning player. Play with discipline and check out the articles again.

Best regards
      SoyCD