[NL20-NL50] NL50 QQ vs fish

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($47.71)
      SB ($17.93)
      Hero (BB) ($50)
      UTG ($26.10)
      UTG+1 ($34.16)
      MP1 ($81.92)
      MP2 ($35.90)
      CO ($40.17) 88/27 in 26 hands

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
      4 folds, CO bets $1, 2 folds, Hero raises $2.50, CO calls $2

Flop: ($6.25) 6, 2, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50

Turn: ($13.25) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.31, Hero calls $3.31

River: ($19.87) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $19.87, Hero folds

Total pot: $19.87

Maybe it was better to bet turn for free showdown?
      I think he was bluffing on the river since I showed a lot of weakness, but I guess I can't call here even against this guy, right?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd raise bigger preflop, he'll call with worse anyway and i'm out of position.

Postflop bet all the way until you get raised against that guy, then start thinking.

As played you induced action by checking on the turn, but not much, when he bets 1/4 pot i don't think he has enough to call a check/raise, so i'd just call too. I'm shoving if he bets strong.

On the river one of two things happened:

- that guy had A-high, made a small non-sense bet on the turn and then potted his top pair into you on the river.

or

- that guy had nothing, wanted to bluff you out cheap, and went nuts when you didn't fold, he decided to pot the river to make sure this time you folded.

I tend to think he would have potted the turn into you if he wanted to bluff you out to begin with, but we've seen stranger things from the fish. It's a high risk high reward call, totally read-based, just follow your guts.

For what it's worth Kaitz would call, I'd fold. If he had potted turn and river i was calling always, but the small turn bet + big river bet spooks me.

Hope it helps.