[NL20-NL50] NL50 AA on low suited-paired flop

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($11.25)
      MP2 ($6.38)
      MP3 ($10)
      CO ($9.25)
      Button ($9.25)
      SB ($17.34)
      BB ($45.50) VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/hands 16/5/2.7/29/966
      UTG ($40.84)
      Hero (UTG+1) ($54.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A, A
      1 fold, Hero bets $1.75, 6 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 6, 6, 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises $5, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($13.75) 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: ($27.75) 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $11, Hero calls $11

Total pot: $49.75

This hand felt terribly played =/

Re raise on the flop for protection? I'm not sure a flushdraw will play that aggressive on a paired board, so i just called.

On the turn I think I had to raise/call, right?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Weird guy. His stats don't really add up to anything. He could have 6x even tho he seems rather tight, 44 is unlikely too. He could play a flushdraw that way, he could have air if he's a bit bluffy, or he could have a worse overpair. You generally have to make a decision right there and stick to it : either control the pot in position to see a showdown as cheap as possible, or play it fast hoping to stack worse overpairs and flushdraws while taking some beats from trips sometimes.

First option doesn't protect from flushdraws but lets him continue bluffing, lets him keep the initiative and you get valuetowned if you're beat. Second option protects from flushdraws but blows off his bluffs, takes back the initiative but might scare worse overpairs, and you valuetown yourself if you're beat.

If the flop was higher like T99 i could probably give him 9x, call the flop in position and maybe walk away at some point on bad cards. But on 664 i don't think i see myself folding at any point, so i'd rather take back the initiative and try to stack worse overpairs from a guy who doesn't seem too good. Plus we have the Ac which is always nice unless he has 44. I'd repop him on the flop smallish to like $15, let him shove over if he wants to, call it off and move on.

Hope it helps.