This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Was it a "dream scenario" or i'm just happy?

• arthurhess
      arthurhess
      Bronze
      After i lost my shortstack to a cute bad beat (QQ beaten on river - to J3s - to a backdoor flush draw)... well, about 1-2min later - on another opened table - i was dealt KK on SB...

And¹ then... well, ppl got very happy and started to call another guy 3xBB bet with - i think - pretty mediocre hands... And theres my turn to act, and i moved all-in... so.. the flop was nice, but pretty scary.. ah, u'll see

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $5.20
      UTG1:
      $2.10
      UTG2:
      $7.13
      MP1:
      $10.09
      MP2:
      $12.33
      MP3:
      $9.42
      CO:
      $2.72
      BU:
      $9.99
      SB(Hero):
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.95(All-In), BB calls $1.90, MP2 calls $1.70, MP3 calls $1.70, BU calls $1.70.

Flop: ($10) K, 6, 4 (5 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $2.60, BU folds, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($12.6) A (2 players)

River: ($12.6) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.6.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, kings(K K).
      MP3 shows two pairs, aces and kings(K A).

Hero wins with three of a kind, kings(K K).

--------

And².. There's something i could do different than that? I'm playing SSS ... I know that playing such a nice hand is pretty easy ... but, well, tell me if i just made a fishy mistake

And³... I know this scenario prolly wouldn't happen on the higher limits, where players tends to be less stupid... but, as i already said,. it's happiness.. i'm here to share :D

PS I'm just passing thru a downswing...
  • 2 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Hand was pretty standard IMO. Even solid players at NL400 would call off a stack to a shorty w/ AKs.
    • arthurhess
      arthurhess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Hand was pretty standard IMO. Even solid players at NL400 would call off a stack to a shorty w/ AKs.
      Thanks man! So... could it be a result of an effective table selection? OFC i didn't select the table (maybe that's why i got so happy/surprised) ... But, who knows =)

And, btw... My goal is to improve my game on the long run... But I really need this SSS at the beginning, bcoz... well, I just found myself donking the tables very often ... i.e., prolly i'm not gonna be a shortstacker at higher limits ... maybe on NL400 i'll, but it's not lifetime :D

(nothing against the SSS'ers: it's a cute strategy that's helping me a lot -- me and my lack of discipline :D )