Was it a "dream scenario" or i'm just happy?

• arthurhess
      arthurhess
      Bronze
      After i lost my shortstack to a cute bad beat (QQ beaten on river - to J3s - to a backdoor flush draw)... well, about 1-2min later - on another opened table - i was dealt KK on SB...

And¹ then... well, ppl got very happy and started to call another guy 3xBB bet with - i think - pretty mediocre hands... And theres my turn to act, and i moved all-in... so.. the flop was nice, but pretty scary.. ah, u'll see

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $5.20
      UTG1:
      $2.10
      UTG2:
      $7.13
      MP1:
      $10.09
      MP2:
      $12.33
      MP3:
      $9.42
      CO:
      $2.72
      BU:
      $9.99
      SB(Hero):
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, MP3 calls $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.95(All-In), BB calls $1.90, MP2 calls $1.70, MP3 calls $1.70, BU calls $1.70.

Flop: ($10) K, 6, 4 (5 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $2.60, BU folds, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($12.6) A (2 players)

River: ($12.6) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.6.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, kings(K K).
      MP3 shows two pairs, aces and kings(K A).

Hero wins with three of a kind, kings(K K).

--------

And².. There's something i could do different than that? I'm playing SSS ... I know that playing such a nice hand is pretty easy ... but, well, tell me if i just made a fishy mistake

And³... I know this scenario prolly wouldn't happen on the higher limits, where players tends to be less stupid... but, as i already said,. it's happiness.. i'm here to share :D

PS I'm just passing thru a downswing...
  • 2 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Hand was pretty standard IMO. Even solid players at NL400 would call off a stack to a shorty w/ AKs.
    • arthurhess
      arthurhess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Hand was pretty standard IMO. Even solid players at NL400 would call off a stack to a shorty w/ AKs.
      Thanks man! So... could it be a result of an effective table selection? OFC i didn't select the table (maybe that's why i got so happy/surprised) ... But, who knows =)

And, btw... My goal is to improve my game on the long run... But I really need this SSS at the beginning, bcoz... well, I just found myself donking the tables very often ... i.e., prolly i'm not gonna be a shortstacker at higher limits ... maybe on NL400 i'll, but it's not lifetime :D

(nothing against the SSS'ers: it's a cute strategy that's helping me a lot -- me and my lack of discipline :D )