Running hot for 2 weeks and than... HELP!!!

• Jazzy8James
      Jazzy8James
      Bronze
      Hi, guys
      this is my first post, and as english is not my first language please sorry for a mistake!!

I started playing MTT and double up Sng with 300$ starting cap...
      2 weeks i doubbled my bankroll with a very conservative play.
      Making at least 1 final table and several cash every day...
      Than something happend....
      Start loosing every tourney or sng what i entered... analised my game, and guess what pure donk play... raising with air, just becouse i bored, and not to belive for a repopping, and so on...
      after 3 days of making huge mistakes even if i know i was beeten on the flop, a cant stop making bad playes, lost about 20% of my mankroll and got scared a lot...
      now i cant even thinking about start a tourney without think constantly what if i lose again???
      I even stepped back limits becouse of BRM, and still doing crap...
      and if i get my head cleared and start playing my Agame i got a bedbeat and i screemeng....

please tell me what to do...
      i dedicated my time, to be the best as i can but cant cope with my emotions right now...
      any Help would be appriciated!
      many thx
  • 10 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Try and control your emotions, don't let them control you.

I believe that in order to not feel bad when losing, I should'nt be feeling good when I win. How are we supposed to do that beats me lol
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      be happy every time you make a good play
      recognize and correct your mistakes
      ???
      profit
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      First post here after reading aloat and i am playing for about a year
      ai think your problem is the oppesit of tilt
      the superhero eppect as someone descrived it
      in a tread here..
      It when you gain aloat oF wins and feel unbeatable
      and play loose and worse and defenetly not your A game..
      My edvaice is to take a break for 2-3 days of poker
      i know its hard and you realy wont to recover your loses
      but think About you will just lose more for sure whit your current mindset.
      In this time off DONT play poker - you can learn and read articels
      but dont play.
      Good luck with that and tell me about your try with this..

P.s : soory for my english mistakes english is not my main lang...
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      1. Take a break for at least a day of ZERO poker. go get a root or something.

2. READ READ READ the strategy articles again.

3. follow correct BRM.

4. Win money.
      Bronze
      How new are you to SNGS and MTTS???

$300 is a decent starting capitol but if you are brand new to these games, I would suggest
      starting at much lower buy ins at first than your roll can handle untill you get used to how
      to play. You won't be playing with scared money, and you can concentrate on getting
      better at poker and not worry about losing so much of your roll at once.....
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I believe that in order to not feel bad when losing, I should'nt be feeling good when I win. How are we supposed to do that beats me lol
      That's not necessary (or good, imo). I still fistpump every time I make a good call or just win a big pot :D I don't tilt anymore though
      That said, "don't let them control you." is absolutely right. If you get annoyed when you lose a big hand, fine. But if you continue tilting even just 1-2 hands afterwards, take a break.
      After all, losing 1, 3 even 20 all-ins doesn't matter if you're a winning player, right? You've made and will continue to make more in similar situations :s_cool:

also, lozz08 is right -- although I'd add WATCH WATCH WATCH some videos too in there :)
    • Jazzy8James
      Jazzy8James
      Bronze
      thx for the help u giving me...
      i took 1 day off and started again, but few $loss and i was off for another day...
      than today i got time, played 21 tourney with 7 cash(2 final table) and a WIN for 235$
      so i got way ahed, making 35%roi in 3weeks soofar and climbing to 750$ from 300...
      i read a lot ever since and starting every day with some artickle...
      i hope i can continue this.
      and big thanks for the suport from u guys!!
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      Great to hear of your success sir. Just be careful of "superhero" mode because it can get you worst after a winning streak.
    • hepcat
      hepcat
      Bronze
      Tilt comes from bad beats and from very lucky sessions it's the same thing but i think its harder to recognize tilt from lycky session (you feel your unbeatable instead of beeing afraid). But I belive it was what happend to you and then you started to looose you got afraid.

BTW good your back on track
    • Jazzy8James
      Jazzy8James
      Bronze
      Just added another 600$ for today finishing at 3rd on 7$ rebuy and 2 more cash.
      so back on track, i guess, but no superhero feeling, just feelt like i should write it out so get easyer to take.
      and to read others opinon is always good...
      So Thanks Guys!!