KQ Suited - SSS

• hingus2000
      hingus2000
      Bronze
      Just won a nice hand on 888, but wondering if anyone could tell me if I actually played it right - within SSS. I was playing 10cNL.

I was dealt KQ suited as the big blind. 5 people called so I raised to 90c.

Everyone folded except one person who raised to $2.10.

Now SSS suggests I should fold after a raise behind me, unless I have TT or better, or AK. Am I right in saying that?

Or was I correct in calling because the pot was now just about 2x my stack?

I hit a King on the flop btw. The other guy had called with 6,6.
  • 4 replies
    • sm112
      sm112
      Black
      I usually shove preflop in a situation like this. But that's my style, to collect the dead money and avoid the postflop play, as I would be committed anyway. As played, calling is the the only way to go imo.
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      1) copy hand history and convert it on here:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/

2) i don't think you played it right

a) you should just check bb
      b) since you raised, and then got reraised you should have folded
    • hingus2000
      hingus2000
      Bronze
      I disagree re: Checking BB - not with SSS. Other strategies maybe.

Yes, playing strict SSS I guess I should have folded, but as said, when playing SSS and you only have a $2 stack, your losses are limited and it seems wrong not to shove.
    • cvora
      cvora
      Bronze
      You played it right. Player who raised You, can have exact hand like he had. Limped MP than re raise You, if he is not very triky, that means pair 22-99 or suited ace, hardly dominated You, and u are flip with his range, so, cause You play SSS You must flip time to time. Its ok to shove KQs against.