$189.00
      BB:
      $40.00
      UTG2:
      $134.95
      MP1:
      $587.55

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5, 3.
      Hero posts deadblind, 4 folds, Hero checks, BU folds, SB calls $1.00, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 3, 5, A (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $4.00, SB folds, BB calls $4.00.

Turn: ($14) T (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $9.00, BB raises to $34.00(All-In), Hero calls $25.00(All-In).

River: ($82) 7 (3 players)

Final Pot: $82.

So, this is first hand at the table and HUD wasn't displaying stats yet. Reads on the opponent: He's a 9/9 straighforward SSS player.

Should I give him the credit for flush on the turn or fold for another reason? I didn't find flush so likely because I didn't give him the odds to call my flop bet with FD. On the other hand, what else does he check/shove turn with?
  • 7 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Personally I have a rule not to fold 2 pair playing sss as I don't think it makes sense to overall (but wadduiknow?). It's pretty sick if he has the flush, but I think he might possibly play a similar way with any A in his hand if he doesn't give you credit for the flush.
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      i don't think that u can fold in this spot (pot odds)
      i've made the expirience that this tight sss-players often enough missplaying freeplayhands.
      he could also have a weak 1pairhand that picked up a fd or overplaying an acerag-hand on the turn for protection.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If he is straightforward, I like to fold here since A9 is the bottom of his Ace hands that will go broke.
      AJ he will raise, AT has you, 42o {random since he is BB} has you, FD has you

I b/f here since I do not have that experience on FTP that they misplay freeplayhands
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      If he is straightforward, I like to fold here since A9 is the bottom of his Ace hands that will go broke.
      AJ he will raise, AT has you, 42o {random since he is BB} has you, FD has you

I b/f here since I do not have that experience on FTP that they misplay freeplayhands
      if he has AT then he missplayed preflop
      if he has a flush then he missplayed the flop :P

even if he has 42o his play may be disputatious ( depending on history/stats with/of his opponents)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      ...I didn't give him the odds to call my flop bet with FD.
      Oh yes you did. Precisely 10:1 if you routinely go broke with any hand strong enough to bet out into a 4-way pot on a board like this.

If you felt that a FD wasn't part of villain's range then NH as played.

If you credit villain with either a FD or AX+ then checking back the turn is an option. B/fing like Gerv says is certainly best versus straightforward types since you have shown a lot of strength thus far in the hand and it takes some sort of a nut to c/r bluff this turn.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      b/f turn i dont see him raising too many worth hands fd arrived 2 pair possible straight etc. he would call many worth hands on the turn but i dont see him raising.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, I see this 2-pair wasn't all that great to go broke with on the turn, I did it because I thought he could be overplaying some A-rag and mostly I wanted the info too. ^_^

Oh yes you did. Precisely 10:1 if you routinely go broke with any hand strong enough to bet out into a 4-way pot on a board like this.

It's usually not my routine to go broke 100% on the turn and I also sometimes bluff raise IP when I post from CO and all players check flop. So, I think he was false to presume he can't play with so many implied odds.

Anyway, result was I lost to Q :diamond: J :diamond: .