This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200, 53s, freeplay

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$1/$2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $280.45
      MP3:
      $201.15
      CO(Hero):
      $40.00
      BU:
      $216.70
      SB:
      $189.00
      BB:
      $40.00
      UTG2:
      $134.95
      MP1:
      $587.55

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5, 3.
      Hero posts deadblind, 4 folds, Hero checks, BU folds, SB calls $1.00, BB checks.

Flop: ($6) 3, 5, A (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $4.00, SB folds, BB calls $4.00.

Turn: ($14) T (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $9.00, BB raises to $34.00(All-In), Hero calls $25.00(All-In).

River: ($82) 7 (3 players)

Final Pot: $82.

So, this is first hand at the table and HUD wasn't displaying stats yet. Reads on the opponent: He's a 9/9 straighforward SSS player.

Should I give him the credit for flush on the turn or fold for another reason? I didn't find flush so likely because I didn't give him the odds to call my flop bet with FD. On the other hand, what else does he check/shove turn with?
  • 7 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Personally I have a rule not to fold 2 pair playing sss as I don't think it makes sense to overall (but wadduiknow?). It's pretty sick if he has the flush, but I think he might possibly play a similar way with any A in his hand if he doesn't give you credit for the flush.
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      i don't think that u can fold in this spot (pot odds)
      i've made the expirience that this tight sss-players often enough missplaying freeplayhands.
      he could also have a weak 1pairhand that picked up a fd or overplaying an acerag-hand on the turn for protection.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If he is straightforward, I like to fold here since A9 is the bottom of his Ace hands that will go broke.
      AJ he will raise, AT has you, 42o {random since he is BB} has you, FD has you

I b/f here since I do not have that experience on FTP that they misplay freeplayhands
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      If he is straightforward, I like to fold here since A9 is the bottom of his Ace hands that will go broke.
      AJ he will raise, AT has you, 42o {random since he is BB} has you, FD has you

I b/f here since I do not have that experience on FTP that they misplay freeplayhands
      if he has AT then he missplayed preflop
      if he has a flush then he missplayed the flop :P

even if he has 42o his play may be disputatious ( depending on history/stats with/of his opponents)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      ...I didn't give him the odds to call my flop bet with FD.
      Oh yes you did. Precisely 10:1 if you routinely go broke with any hand strong enough to bet out into a 4-way pot on a board like this.

If you felt that a FD wasn't part of villain's range then NH as played.

If you credit villain with either a FD or AX+ then checking back the turn is an option. B/fing like Gerv says is certainly best versus straightforward types since you have shown a lot of strength thus far in the hand and it takes some sort of a nut to c/r bluff this turn.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      b/f turn i dont see him raising too many worth hands fd arrived 2 pair possible straight etc. he would call many worth hands on the turn but i dont see him raising.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, I see this 2-pair wasn't all that great to go broke with on the turn, I did it because I thought he could be overplaying some A-rag and mostly I wanted the info too. ^_^

Oh yes you did. Precisely 10:1 if you routinely go broke with any hand strong enough to bet out into a 4-way pot on a board like this.

It's usually not my routine to go broke 100% on the turn and I also sometimes bluff raise IP when I post from CO and all players check flop. So, I think he was false to presume he can't play with so many implied odds.

Anyway, result was I lost to Q :diamond: J :diamond: .