vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands

Hero: $9,85

78 - 50 30
      CO: $6,85
      3,0 57 44 23

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with :heart: T, :spade: T (Comment)
      CO raises to $0,40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,60, CO calls $1,20.

Flop: ($3,25) :diamond: J, :spade: 7, :spade: J (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $2,31, CO raises to $5,25 (All-In), Hero calls $2,94.

Turn: ($13,75) :heart: A (Comment)
      River: ($13,75) :club: Q (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $13,75

Please advise... Am I overplayed?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is fine.

On the flop this board is likely to have missed everybody, which means you're mostly playing against the hands he called your 3bet with preflop. For this player it's probably some bigger pocket pairs, lower pocket pairs and a bunch of overcards.

You don't need to bet that big on the flop imo, he won't have a draw very often and might call more often with worse hands that way. Even $2 is plenty. Also you've got room to fold if you feel you're beat, and it gives him the illusion of fold equity if you plan on calling a shove, which i would.

It's the easiest way to play that hand but given the stats of your opponent considering a check/shove line is possible, he seems aggressive enough to bet all his missed hands when you check. He might however also just jam such hands over a c-bet anyway if he's aggressive enough, so until you know more both lines are fine.

As played, since he seems rather maniacal i can see him shoving worse hands over your c-bet just because he doesn't want to fold, so i don't mind the call given the odds.

Hope it helps.