[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AKs FD + Overcards turn shove

• GandalfPK
      good call on the turn? i had the nut FD + overcard vs middlestack player

on the flop i dont cbet because i had a note that this player never folds to cbets in rag flops

Known players:   

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , A:diamond: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,04.
      MP3 checks, CO folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,46) 4:diamond: , 5:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,46) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,22, Hero raises to $0,60, MP3 raises to $1,80 (All-In), Hero calls $1,20.

River: ($4,06) 8:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,06
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

It would be interesting to know exactly what hands he doesn't fold on raggedy flops, because if he floats with overcards you can actually bet into him for value with AK-high, plus you have a gutshot. I don't mind the check behind tho.

When he bets half pot on the turn i think he's either bluffing because you checked behind or he's betting some piece for value. In the first case he'll fold but you had the best hand anyway, in the second case i doubt a midstack would fold anything on that board.

Since i don't think you have much fold equity against better made hands and folding out worse draws is not in your best interest, calling even with your likely 19 outs is best in my opinion, although it might be harder to play on the river when you miss and he bets again.

I don't think raise/shoving can be a mistake ever with that many outs against an unknown tho, it's fine.

Hope it helps.