[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AA overpair fold flop

• GandalfPK
      GandalfPK
      Bronze
      standart fold here too i think, he probably have a set, but maybe he could have overpair?

Known players:  
      Hero:
      $6,67
      BB:
      $6,71
      CO:
      $5,38

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0,04, BU folds, Hero raises to $0,20, BB calls $0,16, CO calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,60) 3:spade: , 6:heart: , 4:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, BB folds, CO raises to $0,88, Hero raises to $1,36, CO raises to $5,18 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7,14
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

The limp/calls preflop and then minraises the flop, i think his play is bad enough overall for him to have any pocket pair there, and that means more overpairs than sets. Chances are that if he decides to raise with it he isn't going anywhere, and i just don't see myself folding AA to a flop minraise if there's a chance that this guy will stack off with a worse overpair.

If he has worse overpairs there i don't want to risk any overcard falling and freezing the action, so i want the money to go in now if i'm gonna play with him. I would 3bet small to around 2.2$ and let him shove the rest in himself.

Hope it helps.
    • GandalfPK
      GandalfPK
      Bronze
      maybe with set he would only call me and then raise on the turn right? the average player in this level just love to slowplay

thanks for the answer!