[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH AJo fold flop to minreraise with middle pair

• GandalfPK
      many times i get this minreraise and i had the 2nd pair, i should call? or its better to fold and wait for better spots? i think im losing to many money on this hands, they reraise me and i fold or the float me to the river and then bet the river if i check, or if i check the turn they make a halfpot bet and i have to fold!

Known players:   

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , J:club:
      MP2 calls $0,04, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, BB calls $0,16, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0,46) 5:club: , Q:spade: , J:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,33, BB raises to $0,66, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1,45
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I don't mind floating the minraise there for a few reasons:

- any A any J is likely an out to the best hand for you

- you have a backdoor nut flushdraw and a backdoor nut straight draw so you get to float again on some turns if he happens to continue betting

- this is a steal situation so BB, who bought in full so seems overall decent at the moment, could just be messing with you for cheap

- and most important of all, you have position, which means you get to steal the pot from him when he checks the turn to you this time

If you get suspicious of these minraises you're much better off floating in that situation than in most others.

Hope it helps.