Stack
      SB:
      $8.50
      BB:
      $95.27
      Hero:
      $50.00

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , K:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.50) A:heart: , T:diamond: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB folds, BB raises to $9.00, Hero calls $6.00.

Turn: ($22.50) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $10.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $32.50

Flush got there and he could have 2pair too.
  • 8 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you should decide on the flop if you want to b/c and then shove turn if blank comes or b/f flop directly.
      SInce I think players would very often make moves on Axx boards then I like b/f, instead opf taking other lines
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      SInce I think players would very often make moves on Axx boards then I like b/f, instead opf taking other lines
      I dont get it
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I dont get it
      sry, wanted to say: since I think players would very rarely make moves on Axx boards then I like b/f, instead of taking other lines
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I think you should decide on the flop if you want to b/c and then shove turn if blank comes or b/f flop directly.
      1. What would motivate u to b/c and then shove blank turn? What do high AF players raise flop with here? (I called because of his AF but turn completes flush. I don't believe he has flush tho.)
      2. what inclines you to b/f?

What I'm trying to ask is how do you decide what line to use.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      What about a minraise on turn? :D

give him the chance to fold some hands that beat us + free showdown on river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1. What would motivate u to b/c and then shove blank turn? What do high AF players raise flop with here? (I called because of his AF but turn completes flush. I don't believe he has flush tho.)
      2. what inclines you to b/f?

What I'm trying to ask is how do you decide what line to use.
      on the flop you should decide if he has there set or draw. If player has high AF, then I think he can c/r flops with draw, rather than c/c, because of his fold equity. So I don´t see much value 3-betting/getting it all-in against that players, rather I´ll wait safe turn card and then shove if he bets on the turn. Of course he sometimes has there set and I´m dead, but also a lot of times he is semibluffing and m taking down big pot or he is pot committed and have to call with his draw having 18% equity.

I b/f when I think players would rarely c/r there as a draw and af is one option to look at, although a lot of times it depends on the game flow and current opponent. If I think that he might make there some kind of move I´d take b/c, shove turn line. If not, then I´m b/f flop, since I´m too often behind and don´t have outs to call.

Hope it helped a littlebit:)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Your helping a lot, Im playing winning NL50 after a year! Ill send you some money when/if I make my first million =P

Sorry to make this analysis so long but:

If I think hes on a draw, shouldnt I reraise to make him pay? In this case diamond drops and Im in a bad spot, his small bet looks like he wants a call.
      I don't think hes going to make a move on a full stack after 81(less at time of hand) hands, specially oop.
      btw, I am prob trying to go all in if turn is drawy(not diamond), and maybe pot control if total blank.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Your helping a lot, Im playing winning NL50 after a year! Ill send you some money when/if I make my first million =P

Sorry to make this analysis so long but:

If I think hes on a draw, shouldnt I reraise to make him pay? In this case diamond drops and Im in a bad spot, his small bet looks like he wants a call.
      I don't think hes going to make a move on a full stack after 81(less at time of hand) hands, specially oop.
      btw, I am prob trying to go all in if turn is drawy(not diamond), and maybe pot control if total blank.
      If you think that he can shove with worse hands, then re-raising is fine, other cases I don´t see much value there, since he´d fold all the worse hands and only shove with better ones.
      Diamond only comes 19% at times, so you don´t have to worry too much about that and if you put him on draw or set at the first place, then you can fold safely your hand knowing that you´re beat.
      Both call and shove on the turn are fine, but even on blank river you probably have to fold. So I rather like shoving on the turn, knowing that I´m likely ahead, protecting my hand against flushdraw and he might call with worse hands like monster draws.