[NL20-NL50] 99 Mp2 - Oesd

• TheBrood
      Known players:

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      MP1 raises to $2.00, Hero calls $2.00, 5 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) T:spade: , J:club: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $2.50, Hero raises to $6.12, MP1 calls $3.62.

Turn: ($16.99) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($16.99) A:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $16.99

Hes a pretty aggro player, but should I let it go on the flop?
  • 2 replies
    • Brejk06
      You call your pocket pair for set value and since you dont hit and the flop looks like that its a pretty easy fold. You obviously need to improve your hand on the turn or river to feel comfortable with it and the only card thats good for you is an 8. A 9 would produce 4 connected cards on the board which is really bad and if a K comes he could easily have you dominated with the A high flush.

So this is an easy fold in my eyes! You have to realise that all the cards on this board is within his raising range and that he would probably not cbet such a board if he missed. The only thing you can really beat is some random Ax or some low suited connector/pair and thats improbable according to his PFR.
    • Kaitz20
      I think you can float once on that board, since sometimes you have better hand and sometimes you can improve to better hand
      Since board is so drawy then you get calls a lot of times by better hands, so likely raising is not the best idea.