[NL2-NL10] NL 10 pocket 8s

• enemaze
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:heart: , 8:spade:
      MP1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.90) Q:heart: , 6:spade: , Q:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.15 (All-In), MP1 calls $1.15, CO folds.

Turn: ($4.20) 5:club:
      River: ($4.20) 4:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and eights (8h 8s)
      MP1 shows a full-house, queens full of sixes (6h Qd)

MP1 wins with a full-house, queens full of sixes (6h Qd)

Was i right to make a c-bet?
      usually with this limpfest they have lower pairs (hopefully not 66), somtimes hands like JQ, but in this kind of situation i felt there was a good chance i have the best hand.
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Hmm difficult.
      I don't mind the flop push so much, since the 2 Qs on deck make it less likely either villain has one (in which case your 88 are often good), but playing check/fold is safest.

Because with medium pocket pairs you so often see overcards on the flop and you are out of position when in the blinds, you may want to consider pushing your hand preflop against 2+ limpers, especially with a slightly smaller stack. You are pot committed to make a continuation bet normally, if you get called, so it's preferable to push preflop in many instances.
    • RahXephon1
      I like your play, this flop is the best you can hope for with you holding and makes an overpair from the opponent very unlikely. You played fine but were just unlucky.
    • dandycal
      I'd push this flop as well. A push pre-flop is not a bad idea either imo.
    • burek2000
      Hey enemaze,

with 17.5BBs I prefer to push preflop OOP with 2 limpers.

As played, I would push flop as well against those 2 fish as paired board makes it less likely for one of villains to have hit it and you don't want to see another high card. Nice hand.