This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 25NL FR ATo blockbet River?

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $24.25
      MP3:
      $14.35
      CO:
      $40.20
      BU:
      $22.30
      SB(Hero):
      $28.45
      BB:
      $10.60
      UTG2:
      $41.60
      MP1:
      $52.45

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, T.
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.40, BB folds, MP3 calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.25) T, J, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, MP3 calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($7.25) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00

I blockbet the river with midpair Topkicker but I didn't really know what do to on the River. If I check on the River, probably he will fire around $4-$5 and then I have to fold in my opinion.

Anyways I think I want to get to the showdown as cheap as possible , is this true ? Especially because of his turn play?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • mozartiano
      mozartiano
      Bronze
      He limped in preflop and called your bet. What is his Range? I would say TT, 99, JT, 9T, QJ, KQ.

After the flop, looks that he has hit a J or T, so I'd disregard other hands than QJ, JQ. KQ and JT would bring a bet in the turn, when you gave up.

I think he is gonna pay your bet, but don't see another way to play this.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say without reads, i think your line is fine, he'll call with Tx 9x almost always for such a small bet, and he likely won't raise it unless he slowplayed something.

If i had seen him be aggressive before on the river I'd probably just check and call a potsize bet, whatever he has he seems rather passive, i almost expect him to only bet slowplayed stuff and missed flushdraws on that river since he didn't bet the turn. If he bets less that will look less like a bluff on his part but i think i'm calling anyway.

Hope it helps.