[NL20-NL50] 25NL FR ATo blockbet River?

• Gerv
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, T.
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.40, BB folds, MP3 calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.25) T, J, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, MP3 calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($7.25) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00

I blockbet the river with midpair Topkicker but I didn't really know what do to on the River. If I check on the River, probably he will fire around $4-$5 and then I have to fold in my opinion.

Anyways I think I want to get to the showdown as cheap as possible , is this true ? Especially because of his turn play?

• 2 replies
    • mozartiano
      He limped in preflop and called your bet. What is his Range? I would say TT, 99, JT, 9T, QJ, KQ.

After the flop, looks that he has hit a J or T, so I'd disregard other hands than QJ, JQ. KQ and JT would bring a bet in the turn, when you gave up.

I think he is gonna pay your bet, but don't see another way to play this.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Hard to say without reads, i think your line is fine, he'll call with Tx 9x almost always for such a small bet, and he likely won't raise it unless he slowplayed something.

If i had seen him be aggressive before on the river I'd probably just check and call a potsize bet, whatever he has he seems rather passive, i almost expect him to only bet slowplayed stuff and missed flushdraws on that river since he didn't bet the turn. If he bets less that will look less like a bluff on his part but i think i'm calling anyway.

Hope it helps.