Board:
      damyan76 (Button): $20.59
      enzka (SB): $25.95
      StasiuPL (BB): $12.57
      DreadFox (UTG): $8.11
      HERO (CO): $10.10

Dealt to HERO A:diamond: K:heart:

Pre-flop:
      (1 folds), HERO raises to $.35, (1 folds), enzka calls $.30, (1 folds)

Flop: ($.80) 3:heart: 8:heart: 4:club: (2 Players)
      enzka checks, HERO bets $.50, enzka calls $.50

Turn: ($1.80) 3:club: (2 Players)
      enzka checks, HERO checks

River: ($1.80) K:spade: (2 Players)
      enzka bets $1.20, HERO raises to $2.40, enzka raises to $5.95, HERO ?

Villian 78/17 over 9 hands. No reads at all.

Turn, I did not know should I fire again or I shouldn't so I decided to save money by checking.

River. I guess I have to value bet this river and raise him (am I right?) I was not sure about pot seizing, time was ending, and I clicked mini-raise (which is not my favourite).

Suddenly he reraised me, and probably I am beat. Fold would be better, but from other point of view he is so fishy, and it was so hard to fold. What should I do?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

On the flop either betting or checking behind is fine, he probably won't fold any better hands he'll of course call with any pair, but he will likely call with worse overcards and draws too so you'd be betting for value.

On the turn it's basically the same thing except it becomes thinner, he might decides to fold worse hands this time but he will never fold any better hands, checking behind is fine.

When he donks the river given his line he can have:

- worse Kx hands he floated with on the flop, maybe K8 for rivered two pairs

- a busted heart draw, or other airs hands

- some slowplayed big hand, probably only a set or 43 for a boat.

I think he'll call a raise with worse Kx and that big hands aren't that likely, so there is probably still value in raising. However you should ask yourself right away if you are raise/calling or raise/folding before you do it. If you can't answer that question, you're probably better off cutting down on guessing games and just calling.

Personally i think that guy fits more the passive type to begin with, so him donking a good K is possible, but i don't see him 3betting those instead of just calling your raise, so i'm probably raise/folding that river to something like $3.2.

Hope it helps.