This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10SH 98s

• CronTheFish
      CronTheFish
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.28)
      BB ($1.78)
      UTG ($14.61)
      UTG+1 ($4)
      CO ($16.85)
      Hero ($17.87)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: 8:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, check, fold, Hero raises to $0.55, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.45, fold,

FLOP ($1.35) 3:club: 7:club: 7:heart:

check, check,

TURN ($1.35) 3:club: 7:club: 7:heart: 4:heart:

check, Hero bets $0.64, UTG calls $0.64,

RIVER ($2.63) 3:club: 7:club: 7:heart: 4:heart: A:heart:

UTG bets $13.42 (AI), Hero ???

On Turn it was 1/2 (pacific shows pot without rake), mb i should bet something about 2/3?
      And what to do on river? UTG: 20/4/af:2.7/h:70
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you don't know anything about your opponent you're probably better off c-bet/folding on the flop, paired boards are hard to hit for your opponent too. Plus 9-high can't win at showdown you'd rather win right now, and you have 2 overcards and some backdoor draws if you are called so it's not the end of the world.

As played i would probably bet more on the turn like $1, i want to be able to fire off bigger on the river if i hit a flush. When he calls the turn i'd put him mostly on either A-high or a flushdraw.

When he overbet shoves the river for 5x pot we now know that this bad player really likes his hand, which could mean anything from top pair to slowplayed trips 7 to a bigger flush and maybe even a slowplayed boat. This is extremely high variance, mostly i would fold but i can see him doing that sometimes with worse hands "for value" so once in a while i'll look it up.

Hope it helps.