L2Chill : On his way to get a student job

• LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Hi there! Well, let me introduce myself :

Alban, 19 years old
      I live in Paris and follow a 5 years formation to become a graphic designer.
      I like partying, my studies, poker, blah, blah, blah...

I started playing when I was 17 in home games. In 2 years, I have never been a regular winning player.

What are my goals :
      _Improve my skills
      _Get back to basic TAG game and learn poker from this base.
      _Earn enough money to be able to claim I have a half time job.

Why poker and not a real job?
      My studies are really time greedy, and do not allow me to work on a regular schedule, especially since I have a pretty original schedule (some days, I start a 6PM to finish at 10 PM...)

Why english and not the french page?
      The french page is, to my mind, living his dark hours, with a little crew (not the employees of PS) wanting to destroy everything that is the most difficult to create in a community : trust and good atmosphere. Blogs are the battlefield... So I prefer having interesting answers rather than "FU, FYP, DONK OBV" and all that kind of veeeeeeeeery interesting stuff.

Plus, makes me work my english, I'm getting a little rusty.

Tools of the trade :
      Macbook pro 15", Pokercopilot (mac tracker), 230$ on Stars and something like 8$ on full tilt...

What do I like to play?
      Right now, I'm playing NL10SH and SnG5$ FR. MTTs are not my stuff, even if I like to play one from time to time.

Well, see you soon for news...

PS : As a blog is not made exclusively for poker, there might be some PS about my creations. If you'd like to see that, follow the links to my dA page
  • 10 replies
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      OK, let's discuss that hand :

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 212618
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $10.60
      BB: $14.75
      UTG: $14.50
      Hero (CO): $16.50
      BTN: $23.25

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with J :spade: J :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, SB raises to $1.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.50) Q :club: 2 :diamond: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($6.50) Q :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $4, Hero ?

Got really annoyed there...

Otherwise, I moved back to fulltilt, to clear the 100$ bonus and enjoy the rakeback. I also shipped The Poker Mindset from Stars shop, hope I'll receive it this time... Last time never got it, and the answer from Stars was somethingh like "it must have been lost". Thank you guys... :f_confused:
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Mood : Ashamed
      Listening : Matrix reloaded OST
      Reading : Ya Basta, Subcommandante Marcos

Well, it seems CG is definitely not for me. Please stop posting graphs, I'm getting greedy everytme I see one and it brings me back to it... :f_frown:

Apart from this, I went back to SnGs, right now I play regular 2,25 by sets of 8, and that works pretty well. You can see my sharkscope for full tilt and pokerstars, under the login L2Chill.

Precision : I'm playing back my first SnGs on full tilt. All my losses are from 2 years ago. My Stars sharkscope is a bit better... :f_biggrin:

Oh, and by the way, I also ordered every hand revealed, I was curious.

Cya!
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      Hi

nice start for a blog! (edit: i'm not talking about the losses...)

First advice: Stick to one game! There are big differences between sngs and cashgame! Learn one of them before switching!

gl

Flows
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Yes I know flows. It's just that I've played for 2 years now, and I'm a winning player in home cash games (I mean a big winning player).

But you're right, I'm clearly gonna stick to SnGs and build a roll with it, especially since the objective is financial.

Well, talking about money, the (sarcastic mark points) "biggest bonus ever" is pretty easy to clear, in 6 sets of 8 2,25 SnGs, I get 10$.
      And as I'm almost rolled for 5,5, it's going to be veeeeery fast.

Well, see ya soon...
    • Sale1337
      Sale1337
      Bronze
      I played L2 a while back. are you in any way connected with Lineage2?

Well GL with your blog.

Cya
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Not at all... LtoC and L2Chill are the shortcuts of Licence to chill, as a reference to James Bond.
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Well, it's me again. Just wanted to let you know that I now have roll for 5,5, that I will play as sets of 4 SnGs, at least in the beginning.

Cya
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      Hello!

The shoot didn't go so well, so I'll keep playing 2,25 SnGs until I reach 200$ of BR, and then I'll make an other try, to be more confident.

See you next time.
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      hi, what BRM do you use??

imo 35BI are not enough!

Flows
    • LtoC
      LtoC
      Bronze
      That's what I tried, and it's definitely not enough. Two shitty sessions made a 15% hole in my BR, and that is why I'll wait 'til 250, to have a 50 BI roll.